India Desalination Plant Market By End-Use Sector (Industrial, Municipal and Power), By Technology (Membrane, Thermal and Hybrid), Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2024
India desalination plant was valued at $ 940 million in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% to reach $ 1400 million by 2024. Anticipated growth in the market can be attributed to expanding industrial & construction activities, rapid urbanization, rising shortage of ground water and increasing water demand-supply gap. Moreover, the government as well as industry players are gradually shifting their focus towards desalination technology, which can offer a sustainable and economical alternative to conventional water treatment technologies in the country. This factor is further anticipated to fuel growth in the market.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2014-2017
Base Year: 2018
Estimated Year: 2019
Forecast Period: 2020-2024
- bjective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast India desalination plant market size.
- To define, classify and forecast India desalination plant on the basis of technology, end-use sector and regional distribution.
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size, on the basis of region by segmenting India desalination plant market into four regions, namely, North, West, East and South.
- To identify tailwinds and headwinds for India desalination plant market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, supply contracts and new policies in India desalination plant market.
- To strategically profile leading players operating in India desalination plant market.
Some of the major players operating in India desalination plant market are VA Tech Wabag Ltd., Thermax India Limited, Ion Exchange India Limited, Doshion Veolia Water Solutions Pvt. Ltd., IDE Technologies India Pvt. Ltd., Suez Water Technologies & Solutions, Aquatech Systems Asia Pvt. Ltd., Hitachi Plant Technologies India Pvt. Ltd., National Institute of Ocean Technology, Hyflux Engineering (India) Private Limited, among others.
TechSci Research performed primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of desalination plant installers in India. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research was able to include companies that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed product offerings, end users and regional presence of all major desalination plant manufacturers across India.
TechSci Research calculated India desalination plant market size using a bottom-up approach, where manufacturers’ value sales data for different product types was recorded as well as forecast for the future years was made. Secondary sources such as company annual reports, Indian Desalination Association (InDA), Press Releases, Industry Magazines, Industry Reports, News Dailies, Credible Paid Databases, Proprietary Databases, etc., were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Desalination plant manufacturers, suppliers, major end users and other stakeholders
- Associations, organizations and alliances related to desalination plant
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as desalination plant manufacturers, distributors, dealers and policy makers. The study would also help them in deciding which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, India desalination plant market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Technology Type:
- Membrane Desalination
- Thermal Desalination
- Market, by End-Use Sector:
- Market, by Region:
- Market, by Installer (Company):
- VA Tech Wabag Ltd.,
- Thermax India Limited
- Ion Exchange India Ltd.,
- Doshion Veolia Water Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- IDE Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Competition Benchmarking: Benchmarking of leading 10 players on the basis of type.
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India desalination plant market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Channel Partner Analysis
- Detailed list of distributors and dealers across the country.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
- Detailed analysis of new products and their driving forces in the market.
Printing is not available on single-user licenses.