PLUNKETT'S RENEWABLE, ALTERNATIVE & HYDROGEN ENERGY INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2019
- Plunkett Research lists top 300 companies in Renewable, Alternative & Hydrogen Energy and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 32
Companies Profiled: 280
Geographic Focus: GlobalA complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry
2. Small-Scale Solar Panel Installations Soar Through Subsidies, While Solar Cell Costs Plummet
3. Photovoltaic Technologies, Thin-Film Solar and Solar Panel Efficiency
4. Utility-Scale Solar Plants, Including Concentrating Solar Power (CSP), Are Operating, But Costs Are Massive
5. Wind Power
6. Hydroelectric Power
7. Geothermal Power
8. Biomass, Waste-to-Energy, Waste Methane and Biofuels from Algae
9. Ethanol Production Soared, But U.S. Federal Subsidy Expires
10. Cellulosic Ethanol Makes Slow Commercial Progress
11. Tidal Power
12. Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Power Research Continue/Fuel Cell Cars Enter Market
13. Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs) to See Massive New Investments by Auto Makers
14. Major Research and Advancements in Lithium Batteries/Tesla and Panasonic Open the Gigafactory
15. Natural Gas-Powered Vehicles Gain in Popularity/Long Term Potential Is Bright Thanks to Low Shale Gas Prices
16. Homes and Commercial Buildings Seek Green Certification
17. Smart Electric Grid Technologies Are Adopted
18. The Energy Industry Invests in Storage Battery Technologies with an Eye on Distributed Power and Renewables
19. Nuclear Energy Moves Ahead in India, China and the Middle East
20. New Display Technologies with PLEDs
21. Electric Utilities Adopt Coal Emissions Scrubbers While the Industry Tests Carbon Capture and Clean Coal Technologies
22. Superconductivity Provides Advanced Electricity Distribution Technology
23. Lower Energy Intensity Is a Prime Focus in China/U.S. Achieves Dramatic Energy Intensity Reductions Solar Power, Wind Power & Renewable Energy Industry Statistics
1. Global Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2. U.S. Alternative Energy Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
3. Approximate Energy Unit Conversion Factors
4. Average Heat Content of Selected Biomass Fuels
5. Biomass Energy Resource Hierarchy
6. Comparison of Alternative Fuels with Gasoline & Diesel
7. World Total Primary Energy Consumption by Region: 2012-2050
8. World Consumption of Hydroelectricity & Other Renewable Energy by Region: Projections, 2015-2050
9. Share of Electricity Generation by Energy Source, U.S.: Projections, 2016-2050
10. Energy Consumption by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2017
11. Primary Energy Flow by Source & Sector, U.S.: 2017
12. Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 2017
13. Net Electrical Power Generation by Fuel Type, U.S.: 1981-July 2018
14. Net Electrical Power Generation From Renewable Energy Sources, U.S.: 2000-July 2018
15. Total Renewable Electricity Net Generation by Source & State, U.S.: 2017
16. Net Electricity Generation from Conventional Hydropower by Sector & Region, U.S.: 2016-2017
17. U.S. Historical Hydroelectric Generation Compared to 20-Year Average for 1998-2017
18. Energy Production by Fossil Fuels & Nuclear Power, U.S.: Selected Years, 1950-2017
19. Energy Production by Renewable Energy, U.S.: Selected Years, 1955-2017
20. Renewable Energy Consumption by Source, U.S.: Selected Years, 1960-2017
21. U.S. Renewable Energy Consumption by Energy Source, 2011 vs. 2017
22. Renewable Energy Consumption in the Residential, Commercial & Industrial Sectors, U.S.: 2011-2017
23. Renewable Energy Consumption in the Transportation & Electric Power Sectors, U.S.: 2011-2017
24. Fuel Ethanol Production & Consumption, U.S.: 1981- August 2018
25. Biodiesel Production & Consumption, U.S.: 2001- August 2018
26. Top 10 Countries by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 2017
27. Top 15 U.S. States by Installed Wind Generating Capacity: 3rd Quarter 2018
28. Net Electricity Generation from Wind by Region, All Sectors, U.S.: 2007-2017
29. U.S. Department of Energy Funding for Science & Energy Programs: 2017-2019
30. Federal R&D & R&D Plant Funding for Energy, U.S.: Fiscal Years 2017-2019
31. Estimated Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) for New Electricity Generation by Energy Source