NIIT Tech- UX-UI Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s UX-UI Consulting and Implementation Services Vendor Assessment for NIIT Tech is a comprehensive assessment of NIIT Tech’s UX-UI consulting and implementation services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for UX-UI services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in UX-UI services sector.
NIIT Tech’s UX methodology includes two major phases:
- User experience: spanning both UX assessment services and UX design services
- Omni-channel development: spanning web portal and mobile app development.
NIIT Tech has ~9.4k FTEs. Of this headcount, ~65% (~6k FTEs) is focused on application development and maintenance activities, which supports digital implementation engagements. 80% of these application and development resources are located in India.
NIIT Tech’s creative team includes:
- Visual design (including print and digital): ~160 FTEs
- Advertising Operations: ~10 FTEs
- Digital marketing: ~10 FTEs.
This team has ~70% of its resources located in India with the remainder located near its clients in the U.S. and EMEA.
With a primary focus on verticals that took early focus on customer experience initiatives including BFS, travel and transport and insurance, NIIT Tech has been an early adopter of UX and design thinking. This has provided them with a strong set of credentials in building customer-facing properties for clients, in particular, mobile and omnichannel properties. By maintaining a focus on these industries rather than looking to expand through moving into new areas, NIIT Tech has been able to develop differentiated capabilities for clients.
It is also beginning to see a shift as clients look to incorporate UX design beyond customer-facing properties and in internal applications or end to end services. While it is building experiences in support of internal initiatives, NIIT Tech will need to focus on continuing to build these capabilities to maintain pace with their clients evolving focus.
NIIT Tech has also remained concentrated in the geographic presence of its UX design capabilities. While this enables them to build a critical mass and standardize approaches, tools, and methodologies it also acts as a constraint in different regions. Even within Europe, cultural approaches to both design thinking and UX expectations can vary, something NIIT Tech will have seen supporting German clients with Spanish and English UX teams. Targeted geographic expansion of UX skills would be beneficial in tailoring products and processes to individual cultures. NIIT Tech is positioning itself well as the definition of customer experience evolves. As more interactions move to voice-based, screenless
interfaces, its experiences, and capabilities in NLI will position itself ahead of competitors still focused primarily on traditional screen-based UX.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of NIIT Tech’s UX-UI service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths and weaknesses.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook