Global Markets for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
Markets for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
The market for advanced drug delivery systems was valued at $XX billion in 2016 and is forecasted to reach nearly $XX billion by 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of XX%.
Drug delivery system is a process of administering a pharmaceutical compound in humans or animals to achieve a therapeutic effect. The new and emerging drug delivery systems are much advanced over traditional systems in terms of their site specificity, accuracy, efficacy, decreased dosing frequency, mechanism of action and reductions in toxic metabolites. These advantages of advanced drug delivery systems are driving significant growth in the global drug delivery markets.
The market will grow at a healthy pace in the next few years because of continuous discovery and development of new drug delivery systems in research-based pharmaceutical companies, which is again a reason for strategic collaborations and profitable partnerships between pharmaceutical companies.
The global market for advanced drug delivery systems is segmented of basis of 1) Type (Oral drug delivery system, Injection-based drug delivery system, Inhalation/Pulmonary drug delivery system, Transdermal drug delivery system, Transmucosal drug delivery system and Carrier based drug delivery system), 2) Application (Cardiovascular diseases, Oncology, Urology, Diabetes, CNS, Ophthalmology, Inflammatory diseases, Infections and Others), 3) Technology (Prodrug, Implants and Intrauterine devices (IUDs), Targeted drug delivery, Polymeric drug delivery) and 4) Geographic Regions.
Carrier based drug delivery system has sub-segments like Liposomal drug delivery system and Nanoparticle drug delivery system.
North America has the largest market for advanced drug delivery systems, followed by Europe. These regions have a well-established pharmaceutical industry which fuel the growth of the advanced drug delivery market. The Asian market is expected to double its growth in coming years because of developments in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
The major players for this market include 3M Company, Abbott Laboratories, Amgen Inc., Astellas Pharma, Astrazeneca, Baxter International Inc., Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Boston Scientific, Celgene Corporation, Glaxosmithkline PLC, Merck & Co, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche Holding, Sanofi SA and Teva Pharmaceuticals among others.
The global advanced drug delivery market is driven by development of new drugs and biologics. Also, advances in understanding human biology and diseases, R & D spending, non-traditional administration routes and new and emerging technologies fuel this market.
The product recalls of advanced drug delivery products is a major factor that is hindering the growth of this market along with raised concerns on R&D expenditure for development of such products.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Advanced Drug Delivery Systems Market in Healthcare Industry, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5)Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Advanced Drug Delivery Systems Market in Healthcare Industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.