Global Blood Flow Measurement Devices Market 2017-2021
About Blood Flow Measurement Devices
Blood flow measurement devices are used in the healthcare industry to monitor and measure the flow of blood in individual organs, veins, arteries, and even capillaries. The purpose of measuring blood flow is to determine the amount of blood delivered to a given tissue, organ, cell, veins, capillaries, or any part of the body per unit time. Blood flow ensures the transportation of nutrients, hormones, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and metabolic wastes throughout the body to maintain cell metabolism, the temperature of the body, protection from microbes, and osmotic pressure.
Technavio’s analysts forecast the global blood flow measurement devices market to grow at a CAGR of 8.78% during the period 2017-2021.
Covered in this report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global blood flow measurement devices market for 2017-2021. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from sales, volume, and value of blood flow measurement devices.
The market is divided into the following segments based on geography:
Technavio Announces the Publication of its Research Report – Global Blood Flow Measurement Devices Market 2017-2021
Technavio recognizes the following companies as the key players in the global blood flow measurement devices market: Medtronic, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers, and Koninklijke Philips.
Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: ACE Medical, ADInstruments, BIOPAC Systems, Carolina Medical Electronics, and Perimed.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from Technavio’s team said: “The latest trend gaining momentum in the market is rise in home-based healthcare. Home-based healthcare is the trend that increases the demand for the handheld blood flow measurement devices, wearable sensor devices, and smartphone application due to compatibility, portability, and user-friendly testing method. Huntleigh Healthcare manufactures handheld devices such as Dopplex MD2 and Dopplex ABPI. The blood flow measurement device has the probe and the monitor, which detects the blood flow and shows them in the form of a graph. These devices show the accurate level of blood flow in the tissues, capillaries, organs, and cells at a lower cost compared with the tests performed in hospitals and diagnostic clinics.”
According to the report, one of the major drivers for this market is circulatory shock. Any changes in the normal blood flow can lead to many complications such as circulatory shocks, which results in the low blood circulation in the tissues due to cellular injury and inadequate cell function. This can become a life-threatening medical emergency. This circulatory shock may lead to a lack of oxygenated blood in the arteries, resulting in cardiac or respiratory arrest. This further leads to cellular damage, which results in inflammatory response to increase the blood flow in the affected area.
Further, the report states that one of the major factors hindering the growth of this market is limited reimbursement scenario. Globally, there is heterogeneity of peripheral vascular diagnostic system reimbursement in various countries. In the Americas, reimbursement cost differs in each state. In most of the states around 80% of the PAD test price is reimbursed by Medicare, and the rest 20% is paid to the specialists who perform the test. However, specialists who perform these tests may not get reimbursed as equipment is used for conducting PAD test. Also, Medicare provides reimbursement for the Doppler flow meter and probe, which will reduce the cost of the treatment.
Medtronic, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers, and Koninklijke Philips.Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: ACE Medical, ADInstruments, BIOPAC Systems, Carolina Medical Electronics, and Perimed.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook