PharmSource - Bio/Pharma CapEx Trends 2016
Captive capacity remains the largest impediment to faster growth of the contract manufacturing and development industry. Based on recent capital expenditure trends, it’s clear that bio/pharma companies would rather “make than buy.”
According to the latest PharmSource Trend Report, Bio/Pharma CapEx Trends 2016, bio/pharma companies have invested over $150 billion for new plant and equipment in the past 5 years, an amount at least 10 times greater than what CMOs have invested in themselves. Global and generic bio/pharma companies, in particular, have invested heavily in new capacity, especially for biopharmaceuticals and in emerging markets.
Reasons to buy
- Bio/Pharma CapEx Trends 2016 analyzes recent trends in capital spending by bio/pharma companies and assesses the implications for the CMO industry.
- It tracks spending by major segments of the bio/pharma industry, with detailed information on investments by global and generic biopharma companies.
- It discusses the outlook for the next five years, analyzes why major bio/pharma companies continue to favor captive capacity and describes the continuing role of CMOs in the bio/pharma supply chain.
- The 16-page report provides important insight that you won’t find in any other source. This report is required reading for -
- CMO executives and strategic decision-makers who seriously follow the global CMO industry, including dose and API manufacturers.
- Bio/Pharma sponsors that buy contract manufacturing services and need to understand contract manufacturing industry drivers.
- Executive Summary
- CapEx Overview
- CapEx Relative to Other Financial Indicators
- Nature of Capital Expenditure - What Is Being Built
- What It Means
- Recently Announced and Completed Investments by Global Bio/Pharma Companies
- Manufacturing Investments in Emerging Markets 2014-2021 by Global Bio/Pharma Companies
- Selected CapEx Investments by Generic Companies 2014 Onwards
- List of Tables
- Table 1 Composition of the PharmSource Universe
- Table 2 Analysis of Identified CapEx Projects
- Table 3 Location of Identified CapEx Projects
- List of Figures
- Figure 1 CapEx by Company Sector
- Figure 2 Comparison of CapEx Change to Revenue Change 2010-
- Figure 3 CapEx Trends at Bio/Pharma Companies 2010-
- Figure 4 CapEx Spend and Growth Rate for Global Bio/Pharma Companies
- Figure 5 Cash Spent on Dividends, Share Repurchase and CapEx by Selected US Global Bio/Pharma Companies 2010-
- Figure 6 Capital Expenditure for Leading Public CDMOs