PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Slovakia
The regions of Bratislava and western Slovakia contributed 59.1% to the country’s GDP and comprised 45.5% of the Slovakia’s population as of 2017. FDI inflows and greenfield investments increased in 2017.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 26.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (19.2%) and other services (18.1%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.8%, 6.0% and 5.2% respectively in 2019.
The SAX Index, widely considered a benchmark of the overall performance of stocks listed in the Bratislava Stock Exchange, has exhibited a slight increasing trend. As of April 17, 2019, the SAX Index stood at 348.63, compared to 343.95 on April 17, 2018.
Reasons to buy
- According to World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Slovakia has deteriorated over the last two years with decline in rank from 41st in 2016 to 53rd out of 160 countries in 2018
- As part of the European Funds for Strategic Investments (EFSI), Slovakia has received an approval for seven innovation and infrastructure projects as of April 2019, securing a total financing of EUR458m (US$533m) which is expected to allow the country to raise investments worth EUR757m (US$880m).
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Slovakia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Eastern Europe and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: Slovakia SAX Index
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows and Outflows (2013-2017) and Greenfield Investment (2014-2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2018
- Exhibit 14: Vehicles Other Than Railway or Tramway Rolling Stock, % of World Total, 2018
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (January 2012-April 2019)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 23: Age-Group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2017)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Slovakia 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)