PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Finland
Helsinki-Uusimaa and Western Finland contributed 61.0% to the nation’s GDP and 55.1% of the total population resided in those regions as of 2017. The lion’s share of foreign investment inflows was from other European nations in 2017.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 24.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (21.4%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (10.9%).
The upward rising trend of the index indicates healthy economic activity in the country. The index rose from 3,972.7 in April 3rd 2018 to 4,235.5 in April 3rd 2019.
Reasons to buy
- According to the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Finland improved over the last two years with an increase in rank from 15th in 2016 to tenth out of 160 countries in 2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Finland’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: OMX Helsinki 25
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
- Exhibit 6: Total FDI stock (2013-2017) and FDI stock by sectors (2013-2017)
- Exhibit 7: FDI stock by countries (2013-2017) and share of FDI by countries (2017)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
- Exhibit 14: Paper and paperboard; articles of paper pulp, 2017
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports), 2017
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Finland 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)