PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Egypt
The governorates of Egypt - Cairo and Alexandria are the best performing regions in the country. They together generated 53.5% of the total GDP of the country and accounted for 16% of the total population in 2015. The UK continues to be a leading investor in Egypt, accounting for 34.6% of total FDI inflows in 2017-2018, followed by Belgium with 17.4%.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities sector contributed (31.0%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by the wholesale, retail and hotel sector (15.7%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 19.1% and 18.5%, respectively, in 2019. The downward trend of the index indicates decreasing investor confidence in the country. The index declined from 17,944.0 on April 11, 2018, to 15,106.0 on April 11, 2019.
Reasons to buy
- As per the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Egypt depreciated over the last two years with an decline in rank from 49th in 2016 to 67th in 2018.
- The Egyptian government plans to invest US$16.2bn worth of investment in rail and metro projects during 2018-2022.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
- List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Egypt's Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and North Africa and the World
- Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
- Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
- Exhibit 4: EGX30
- Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2013-2018) and FDI Inflow by Sector (2017-2018)
- Exhibit 7: FDI Inflow by Sector (2013-2017) and Share of FDI Inflow by Country (2017-2018)
- Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
- Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
- Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuel and Oils and Their Products, % of World Total, 2018
- Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (January 2012-March 2019)
- Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2014-2021f)
- Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
- Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
- Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018
- Exhibit 27: High Technology Exports, % of Total Exports (2017)
- Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Egypt 2019
- Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
- Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)