MediPoint: Percutaneous Coronary Interventions - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Coronary stents, which include bare metal stents, drug-eluting stents (DESes), covered stents, and bioabsorbable stents (BASes)
De novo stenosis, acute myocardial infarction (AMI), bifurcation lesions, small vessel disease (SVD), saphenous vein grafts (SVGs), left main coronary artery disease (LMCAD), and chronic total occlusions (CTOs)
In the US and 5EU, coronary stents market value is expected to decline slowly, whereas it is expected to demonstrate steady growth in the APAC and South American regions
Newer technologies, such as BASes and the third generation of DESes aim to address unmet needs of complex lesions and challenging populations
The development and commercialization of the next generation of DESes with innovative platforms indicates the continued value of DESes in the coronary market
The coronary stents market is largely dominated by a few key players, including Abbott Vascular, Medtronic, and Boston Scientific
Other key players include B. Braun, Biosensors International, Biotronik, and Terumo as they develop innovative coronary stent platforms.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future percutaneous coronary interventions market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that device manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of devices? How will emerging technologies such as bioabsorbable stents and drug-eluting stents fulfill these unmet needs?
- What is the physician perception of these new technologies? Which indications have been treated most successfully using minimally invasive treatments?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global percutaneous coronary interventions market?
- Growth in the percutaneous coronary interventions market will be driven primarily by rising procedure volumes, the increasing global prevalence of coronary artery disease, and as rising rates of diabetes in particular.
- The introduction of Bioabsorbable stents (BASes) can reduce or even eliminate the prolonged use of DAPT; as long-term clinical efficacy data become available, clinicians will prefer to use BASes over drug-eluting stents (DESes).
- Bioabsorbable stents (BASes) are also expected to see fast adoption as they are introduced across major markets, as they have the potential to significantly reduce restenosis rates and allow for vessel remodeling.
- The current key players will need to retain and acquire market share by improving the clinical performance of their existing products.
Reasons to buy
- Overview of percutaneous coronary interventions, including reimbursement trends and M&A analysis
- Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by country through 2022.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development and analysis of emerging trends in design.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global percutaneous coronary interventions market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global percutaneous coronary interventions market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global percutaneous coronary interventions market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific peripheral vascular interventions market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- 1 Table of Contents
- 1.1 List of Tables
- 1.2 List of Figures
- 2 Introduction
- 2.1 Catalyst
- 2.2 Related Reports
- 3 Market Access
- 3.1 Reimbursement Trends
- 3.1.1 North America
- 3.1.2 Europe
- 3.1.3 Asia-Pacific
- 3.1.4 South America
- 3.1.5 Middle East and Africa
- 3.2 Mergers and Acquisitions/Key Partnerships
- 4 Unmet Needs and Market Opportunity Analysis
- 4.1 Improving Clinical Outcomes in Complex Coronary Indications
- 4.1.1 Bifurcation Lesions
- 4.1.2 Chronic Total Occlusions
- 4.1.3 Heavily Calcified Lesions
- 4.1.4 Unprotected Left Main Coronary Artery Lesions
- 4.1.5 Acute Myocardial Infarction
- 4.1.6 Saphenous Vein Grafts
- 4.1.7 Small Vessel Lesions
- 4.2 Minimizing Late Stent Thrombosis Incidence
- 4.3 Procedure Optimization
- 4.4 Reducing Repeat Revascularization Rates
- 5 Competitive Assessment
- 5.1 Market Share Analysis
- 5.2 Key Companies and Product Profiles
- 5.2.1 Abbott Vascular
- 5.2.2 B. Braun
- 5.2.3 Biosensors International
- 5.2.4 Biotronik
- 5.2.5 Boston Scientific
- 5.2.6 Medtronic
- 5.2.7 Terumo
- 5.2.8 Other Players
- 5.3 Pipeline Products Assessment
- 5.4 Clinical Trials Assessment
- 6 Market Outlook
- 6.1 Procedure Trends
- 6.2 Global Market Drivers and Barriers
- 6.2.1 Driver: Rising Disease Prevalence
- 6.2.2 Driver: Launch of Bioabsorbable Stents on a Global Scale
- 6.2.3 Driver: Reducing Need for Antiplatelet Therapy
- 6.2.4 Barrier: Risk of Perioperative Adverse Cardiac Events Post-Stenting
- 6.2.5 Barrier: Post-ProceduraI Complications of Drug-Eluting Stenting
- 6.2.6 Barrier: Concerns Regarding Overstenting
- 6.3 Market Outlooks by Segment
- 6.3.1 Coronary Stents
- 6.3.2 Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty Balloons
- 6.3.3 Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty Drug-Eluting Balloons
- 6.4 Market Outlooks by Geography
- 6.4.1 Global Overview
- 6.4.2 North America
- 6.4.3 Europe
- 6.4.4 Asia-Pacific
- 6.4.5 South America
- 6.4.6 Middle East and Africa
- 7 Appendix
- 7.1 Bibliography
- 7.2 Abbreviations
- 7.3 Methodology
- 7.3.1 Overview
- 7.3.2 Coverage
- 7.3.3 Secondary Research
- 7.4 Forecasting Methodology
- 7.5 Primary Research Summary
- 7.6 About the Authors
- 7.6.1 Premdharan Meyyan, Cardiovascular Analyst, Medical Devices
- 7.6.2 Linda Tian, Msc, Managing Analyst, Medical Devices
- 7.6.3 Tyler Fletcher, Global Head of Medical Devices
- 7.7 About GlobalData
- 7.8 Disclaimer
- 1.1 List of Tables
- Table 1: Power Market, UAE, Gross Domestic Product (AED and $bn), Population (million), and Annual Power Consumption (TWh), 2000-2021
- Table 2: Power Market, UAE, Market Share of Power Generation Companies (%), 2015
- Table 3: Power Market, UAE, Deal Value ($bn) and Number of Deals, 2004-August 2016
- Table 4: Power Market, UAE, Annual Power Consumption (TWh), 2000-2030
- Table 5: Power Market, UAE, Electricity Consumption by Sector (%), 2015
- Table 6: Power Market, UAE, Cumulative Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (%), 2015
- Table 7: Power Market, UAE, Cumulative Installed Capacity (GW) and Annual Power Generation (TWh), 2000-2030
- Table 8: Power Market, UAE, Leading Thermal Power Plants (MW), 2016
- Table 9: Power Market, UAE, Cumulative Installed Thermal Power Capacity (GW) and Annual Thermal Power Generation (TWh), 2000-2030
- Table 10: Power Market, UAE, Upcoming Nuclear Power Units (MW), 2015-2020
- Table 11: Power Market, UAE, Cumulative Installed Nuclear Power Capacity (GW) and Annual Nuclear Power Generation (TWh), 2000-2030
- Table 12: Power Market, UAE, Cumulative Installed Renewable Power Capacity and Annual Renewable Power Generation, 2000-2030
- Table 13: Power Market, UAE, Transmission Line Length (Ckm), 2006-2025
- Table 14: Power Market, UAE, Upcoming Transmission Line Projects, 2015-2020
- Table 15: Power Market, UAE, Distribution Line Length (Ckm), 2006-2025
- Table 16: Power Market, UAE, Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority, SWOT Profile, 2016
- Table 17: Power Market, UAE, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, SWOT Profile, 2016
- Table 18: Power Market, UAE, Sharjah Electricity & Water Authority, SWOT Profile, 2016
- Table 19: Power Market, UAE, Federal Electricity & Water Authority, SWOT Profile, 2016
- Table 20: Abbreviations
- 1.2 List of Figures
- Figure 1: Proportion of Patients Undergoing Repeat Revascularization, by Revascularization Subtype
- Figure 2: 10MM Market Shares for Coronary Stents, by Country, 2015
- Figure 3: Global PCI Procedures Forecast, by Region, 2013-2022
- Figure 4: Global Coronary Stents Market Forecast ($m), 2013-2022
- Figure 5: Coronary Stents Market Comparison, by Segment, 2015 and 2022
- Figure 6: Global PTCA Balloons Market Forecast ($m), 2013-2022
- Figure 7: PTCA Balloons Market Comparison, by Segment, 2015 and 2022
- Figure 8: Global PTCA DEB Market Forecast ($m), 2013-2022
- Figure 9: Global PCI Market Forecast ($m), by Region, 2013-2022
- Figure 10: North America PCI Market Forecast ($m), by Segment, 2013-2022
- Figure 11: Europe PCI Market Forecast ($m), by Segment, 2012-2022
- Figure 12: APAC PCI Market Forecast ($m), by Segment, 2013-2022
- Figure 13: South America PCI Market Forecast ($m), by Segment, 2013-2022
- Figure 14: Middle East & Africa PCI Market Forecast ($m), by Segment, 2013-2022
- Figure 15: Percutaneous Coronary Survey Primary Research Participants, by Country