Country Profile: Wine Sector in Singapore
Wine sector accounted for a volume share of 0.06% of the global market and 0.4% of the regional (Asia-Pacific) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at S$1,487.7million (US$1,077million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2016-2021.Rising disposable income led by strong economic growth and increasing trend of consuming vintage premium wines is aiding the growth of the sector. Per capita consumption stood at 2.9 liters compared to the global and Asia-Pacific levels of 6.2 liters and 1.3 liters, respectively, in 2016.
Still Wine was the largest with value sales of S$768million (US$556million) in 2016. The Sparkling Wine is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of 9.2% during 2016-2021, compared to Still Wine, at a CAGR of 7.3% and Fortified Wine at a CAGR of 4.3% during the same period.
Food & Drinks Specialists was the leading distribution channel in the Singaporean Wine sector, accounting for a total volume share of 33.6% in 2016. It was followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets with a 32.2% volume share, while On-trade transactions accounted for a 31.1% share in the same year.
Glass is the only used package material in the Singaporean Wine sector.
The top five brands in the Singaporean Wine sector accounted for a 28.7% volume share in 2016. Jacob’s Creek was the largest brand in volume terms in the same year.
The report Country Profile:
Wine Sector in Singapore, provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle, Stand Up Pouch, Bag-In-Box, Carton-Liquid and Can..
Taylor, Fladgate & Yeatman - Vinhos, S.A., Charles Heidsieck, Bacardi Limited, LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI), Remy Coitreau Group, Alice White Wines, Ashbrook Estate Pty Ltd., Brown Brothers Milawa Vineyard Pty Ltd, Bruce Murray Wines, Campero Wines, Vina Carmen SA, Viña Concha Y Toro S.A., Winechateau.Com, Inc, Château Cheval Blanc, Hill River Estate Wines Pty Ltd, Lacorte Winery, Accolade Wines, Constellation Brands Inc, Honoré Wines, Pernod Ricard SA, King Fish, La Manda Wines, La Terre Winery, Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited, Long Flat Winery, Vina Maipo, Mobtrouge, Nederburg, Pasos De Tango Primo, Marqués De Riscal, Rongopai Wines Limited, Deetlefs Wines (Pty) Ltd, Trivento Winery, Delicato Vineyards,Casella Wines PTY Ltd.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Wine sector in Singapore is forecast to grow at 8.2% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- The per capita consumption of Wine is higher in Singapore compared to the regional level
- Singapore ranks fourth on the extent of fragmentation
- The top five brands accounting for a 28.7% share in 2016.
- Glass is the only used package material in the Singaporean Wine sector.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Wine consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.