Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals Sector in the UK
United Kingdom (UK) GDP per capita grew from £25,729.2 in 2011 to £29,383.8 in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 2.7% during 2011-2016. A growing GDP per capita, growing population of working women, longer working hours, and increasing demand for convenient food options will have a positive impact on the Bakery & Cereals sector.
United Kingdom (UK) Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a volume share of 3.2% of the global market and 14.1% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at £13,158 Million (US$17,748.7 Million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2016-2021. Per capita consumption stood at 64.4kg when compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 26.4kg and 74.8kg, respectively, in 2016.
Bread & Rolls is the largest with value sales of £3,574.8 Million (US$4,822.1 Million) in 2016. While, Cereal Bars is expected to grow at the fastest pace, registering a CAGR of 9% during 2016-2021 compared to Breakfast Cereals, Energy Bars, Dough Products , Morning Goods, ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’ (2.5%), Savory Biscuits (2.5%), Baking Ingredients, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) (1.8%), Baking Mixes, and Bread & Rolls (0.2%).
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the UK Bakery & Cereals sector, accounting for a total value share of 49.5% in 2016. It is followed by Convenience Stores and Food & Drinks Specialists. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the UK Bakery & Cereals sector in 2016. It is followed by Rigid Plastics and Paper & Board with shares of 19.6% and 5.3% respectively.
Artisanal Producers accounted for value and volume shares of 12.8% and 15.9%, respectively in 2016. They are followed by Warburton`s, which accounted for value and volume shares of 5.3% and 9.2% respectively.
The report Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals Sector in the UK, provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Breads & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Dr. August Oetker Kg, Dr. Mcdougall`s Right Food`s Inc., Fiddes Payne Ltd, Doves Farm Foods Ltd., British Sugar Plc, Cadbury Plc, Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Mondelez International, Inc, G.R Wright And Sons Ltd, Hale & Hearty Foods Ltd., PepsiCo, Inc., Premier Foods Group Limited, General Mills, Inc., Green`s General Foods Pty Ltd, Symington`s Ltd, Victoria Foods Ltd, Weight Watchers International, Inc., Abf Grain Products Limited, Artisanal Producers, Associated British Foods Plc, Brace`s Bakery Ltd, Gail`s Artisan Bakery, Genius Foods Ltd., Goodman Fielder, Mother`s Pride, Rankin Selection, Robert`s Bakery, Soreen, The Food Doctor Ltd., Warburton`s, Bright Food (Group) Co., Ltd., Dorset Cereals Ltd, Fuel, Morning Foods Ltd, Rude Health, The Kellogg Company, Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A., Kallo Foods Limited, Lovedean Ltd., Nature`s Path Foods, Inc., Whole Earth Foods, Andros Group, Inc., Burton`s Biscuit Company, Finisbury Food Group Gü Noble Desserts Holdings Ltd., Honeyrose Bakery Ltd., Mars, Incorporated, More Food Ltd, Stiletto Foods Ltd., The Fabulous Bakin` Boys Limited, Thorntons Plc, United Biscuits Ltd, Eat Natural Ltd, Glisten Ltd, Harvest Cheweee, Traidcraft Plc, Natural Balance Foods, Bahlsen Gmbh & Co. Kg, Fox`s Confectionery Ltd, Nairn`s Oatcakes Limited, Nestle S.A., Rakusen`s Limited, Thomas J Fudge’s, Thomas Tunnock Limited, Waitrose Ltd, Dr Schar AG, Edlers, Napolina Limited., Abbott Laboratories, Glaxosmithkline Plc, Maxinutrition Ltd, Weider Global Nutrition, Brioche Pasquier, New York Bagel Co., Windmill Organics, Single Marketing Ltd, Vaasan Oy, SimmersScope
Reasons to buy
- The Bakery & Cereals sector in the UK is forecast to grow at 2.4% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- The Cereal Bars market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the UK Bakery & Cereals sector
- The Kellogg Company is the leading company in the Breakfast Cereals and Cereal Bars markets in the UK
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the UK Bakery & Cereals sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.