Market Access Impact: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (US) 2018
Market barriers affect 11 percent of CLL prescriptions in the US. Is your brand losing out?
Market barriers affect just over 10 percent of all prescriptions for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) treatments in the US, and certain brands are losing out on market share. Is it yours? Find out what’s driving share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: CLL (US) .
Based on a survey of 100 medical oncologists and hemato-oncologists, the report covers 6 major therapies from Novartis, Roche/Genentech, AbbVie, Janssen and Gilead.Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
Interested in the European market? Click here to see the EU5 Edition.
Reasons to Purchase
Insight into 6 Major CLL Treatments
- Barriers affect just over 1 in 10 prescriptions. Some brands are making hay, while others are losing market share. Is your brand a leader or laggard? And is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- One brand sees the biggest share increase. Is its lead too big to overcome? What can other brands do to catch up?
- One brand sees a significant loss. Could market share losses be due to low prescribing rates, or is some other market dynamic at play? And perhaps most importantly, can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close gaps throughout the table. Such is the impact of barriers in the US, eliminating barriers would drive change across all brands. Will your brand experience an increase in market share in a barrier free world?
- Perception is not the problem. But perhaps a willingness to use is? Between 3-15 percent of physicians would not consider using some of the brands; where does your brand sit in the mix?
Exploring Market Access Barriers
- Arzerra (ofatumumab; Novartis)
- Gazyva (obinutuzumab; Roche)
- Imbruvica (ibrutinib; Pharmacyclics/Janssen Biotech)
- Rituxan (rituximab; Biogen/Genentech)
- Venclexta (venetoclax; AbbVie/Roche)
- Zydelig (idelalisib; Gilead)
Market Access Impact: Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (US)  explores key issues affecting CLL drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:How barriers affect market access:
How barriers affect your brand:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed We surveyed 100 US-based medical oncologists and haematologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:All respondents:
We conducted the survey between May 3-11, 2018.
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with CLL in total in the last month
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
- 1. What are market barriers?
- 2. About this report
- 3. About the survey
- 4. Brands included in the survey
- 5. Executive summary