DelveInsight’s ‘Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) - Epidemiology Forecast–2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the ITP, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the ITP trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Disease Understanding
Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP), previously called immune thrombocytopenic purpura or idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, is an autoimmune disorder that occurs when the body attacks its platelets and destroys them too quickly. ITP is a disorder that affects the overall number of blood platelets rather than their function. Many of the symptoms of ITP stem from a low platelet count leading to excessive bleeding. In severe cases, frequent bleeding episodes may result in low levels of circulating red blood cells (anemia), which may cause fatigue and impair response to exertion. In rare cases, serious bleeding into the brain (intracranial hemorrhage) may occur.
The two main types of ITP are acute (short term) and chronic (long term). ITP is also categorized as primary and secondary based on the cause of the disease. ITP in the absence of other causes or disorders that may be associated with the thrombocytopenia is known as primary ITP, whereas, secondary ITP refers to immune-mediated thrombocytopenia with an underlying cause, including drug-induced, or associated with systemic illness (e.g., systemic lupus erythematosus, infection [e.g., HIV], immune deficiency [e.g., common variable immunodeficiency or autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome], and other causes).
Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Epidemiology Perspective by DelveInsight
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total Prevalent Population of ITP, Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of ITP, and Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of ITP scenario of ITP in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) Detailed Epidemiology Segmentation
• Assessments as per DelveInsight’s analysts show that the majority of cases of ITP are females as compared to males. There was a total of 32,364 female and 20,998 male diagnosed cases of ITP in 2017 in the United States.
• DelveInsight’s estimations suggest that the total prevalent population ITP in the seven major markets was approximately 180,498 in 2017.
• The total diagnosed prevalent cases in the 7MM was estimated to be approximately 147,174 in 2017.
• In 2017, there were around 63,725 prevalent cases and approximately 53,362 diagnosed prevalent cases of ITP in the United States. Out of the total diagnosed cases, approximately 49,640 cases account for adult ITP and approximately 3,723 cases were diagnosed prevalence population in children in 2017 in the United States.
• Japan had 27,005 prevalent cases of ITP in 2017.
• Among the European countries, the United Kingdom had the highest prevalent population of ITP with approximately 26,274 cases, followed by Italy which had a prevalent population of approximately 18,604 in 2017. On the other hand, Spain had the lowest prevalent population of approximately 12,207 cases in 2017.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of ITP, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, and pathophysiology.
• The report provides insight into the 7MM historical and forecasted patient pool covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
• The report assesses the disease risk and burden and highlights the unmet needs of ITP.
• The report helps to recognize the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population.
• The report provides the segmentation of the disease epidemiology for 7MM by Total Prevalent Population of ITP, Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of ITP, and Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of ITP.
• 11-Year Forecast of ITP
• 7MM Coverage
• Total Prevalent Population of ITP
• Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of ITP
• Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of ITP
Key Questions Answered
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of ITP?
• What is the historical ITP patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of ITP at the 7MM level?
• What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to ITP?
• Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of ITP during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
Reasons to buy
The ITP report will allow the user to -
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7MM ITP epidemiology forecast.
• The ITP epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and Ph.D. level epidemiologists.
• The ITP epidemiology model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over the eleven-year forecast period using reputable sources.
• Patient Segmentation
• Disease Risk and Burden
• Risk of disease by the segmentation
• Factors driving growth in a specific patient population
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook