DelveInsight’s ‘Hyperopia (farsightedness)- Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Hyperopia , historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Hyperopia market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Hyperopia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Hyperopia market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Hyperopia market size from 2018 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Hyperopia treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Hyperopia Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Refractive error indicates that the eye shape does not correctly bend light, resulting in a blurred image. Myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), presbyopia (near vision loss with age), and astigmatism are the major forms of refractive errors. Hyperopia, also known as farsightedness, is a refractive defect in which distant objects are usually seen more clearly, but closer objects appear to be blurred. When the eyeball is shorter than normal or has a cornea (clear front window of the eye) that is too flat, hyperopia appears. As a consequence, instead of on it, light rays focus behind the retina. Conventionally, hyperopia is classified into low, moderate, and high to denote the degree of the condition. An error of +2.00 diopters (D) or less is considered low hyperopia. The error between +2.25 and +5.00 D is considered moderate hyperopia, and above this range, it is regarded as high hyperopia.
For the diagnosis purpose, a basic eye test involving a refraction examination and an eye health exam is generally used to detect hyperopia. The doctor looks for clinical signs like visual acuity and performs tests such as corneal examination, pupil examination, slit-lamp examination, retinal examination, and eyelid and conjunctival examination. However, if the diagnosis is delayed or the condition is left untreated in children, complications can arise and may even permanently impair their vision.
Talking about the treatment scenario, eyeglasses or contact lenses are the most widely used options for correcting hyperopia. In other cases, people may choose to correct hyperopia with refractive surgery. The purpose of treating hyperopia with the use of corrective lenses or refractive surgery is to help concentrate light on the retina. The most widely used surgeries are laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy (LASEK), photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), conductive Keratoplasty (CK), phakic Intraocular Lens (IoLs), and refractive lens exchange.
In 2020, the overall prevalent cases of Hyperopia accessed to be around 87,668,351 in the 7MM, which are expected to grow during the forecast period, i.e., 2021–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Hyperopia epidemiology [segmented as Total Prevalent Cases of Hyperopia, Total Diagnosed Prevalent cases of Hyperopia, Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperopia, Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperopia, Severity-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Hyperopia and Treated cases of Hyperopia] of Hyperopia in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan from 2021 to 2030.
Country Wise- Hyperopia Epidemiology
• In the United States, the total number of prevalent cases of Hyperopia were 16,030,244 in the year 2020 which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
• In the year 2020, the total prevalent cases of Hyperopia were 49,755,755 in EU-5, which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
• In Japan, the total number of prevalent cases of Hyperopia was 21,882,353 in the year 2020 which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
• In 2020, mild and moderate-to-severe cases of Hyperopia were accounted for 1,522,873 and 13,705,858 in the United States.
• In the 7MM, the age-specific diagnosed prevalent cases of Hyperopia were 7,713,123, 15,203,292, 18,222,168, 14,995,944, and 12,708,668 for the age-groups 40–49, 50–59, 60–69, 70–79, and ≥80 year, in 2020.
Hyperopia Drug Chapters
Drug chapter segment of the Hyperopia report encloses the detailed analysis of Hyperopia developmental stage pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Hyperopia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Hyperopia Marketed Therapies
For mild-to-moderate hyperopia, the options currently consists of eyeglasses and contact lenses, which are corrected within a set time frame. RLE and LASIK are safe and efficacious for hyperopia when performed on the right patient population. Since each procedure has potential benefits and drawbacks, detailed informed consent is required regardless of the procedure chosen. NIDEK – a world pioneer in laser and diagnostic instrumentation for the optical and eye care industries – obtained a nod from the US FDA for its EC-5000 Excimer Laser’s use in LASIK for the treatment of hyperopia and hyperopic astigmatism. Furthermore, later in 2018, the US FDA cleared Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses, the first contact lens that immediately darkens the lens when subjected to bright light
Note: Full and detailed list of emerging therapies will be provided in the final report.
Hyperopia Emerging Drugs
Nevakar is developing two drugs, namely NVK-029 and NVK-031, directed toward targeting refractive errors I and II, respectively. Although there is not much information available publicly giving an idea about their developmental activities, looking at their progression concerning their phases, it is anticipated that they will turn out to be a potential treatment option for hyperopic patients, if and when approved.
Note: Full and detailed list of emerging therapies will be provided in the final report.
Hyperopia Market Outlook
The Hyperopia market size in the 7MM is expected to change during the study period 2018–2030, at a CAGR of 1.0%. According to the estimates, the highest market size of Hyperopia is accessed in the United States followed by Japan, and Germany, in 2020.
The United States Market Outlook
In United States, the total market size of Hyperopia therapies is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.2% during the study period (2018–2030).
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
In EU-5, the total market size of Hyperopia therapies is expected to increase at a CAGR of 0.8% during the study period (2018–2030).
Japan Market Outlook
The total market size of Hyperopia therapies in Japan is estimated to rise at a CAGR of 0.8%, during the study period (2018–2030).
Hyperopia Pipeline Development Activities
The drugs which are in pipeline include:
1. NVK-029: Nevakar
2. NVK-039: Nevakar
Note: Detailed emerging therapies assessment will be provided in the final report.
Hyperopia Drugs Uptake
According to the estimates, the United States was having the highest market size in hyperopia, owing to the higher patient pool and higher treatment cost, followed by Japan and Germany. At present, market is currently dominated by eyeglasses, contact lenses, and refractive surgical procedures. The pharmaceutical competitive landscape of hyperopia is not robust. Hardly any corporation has turned its attention towards hyperopia to develop a novel pharmaceutical options. In the past, few organizations have tried to assess the potential of their product in this field, but have not really achieved much success. Unlike Presbyopia and Myopia, there is lack of pharmaceutical options for correcting the hyperopia, because in vision research, and the clinical literature, hyperopia has been overshadowed by Myopia. Nevertheless, entry of Nevakar’s early stage-assets could be a game-changer in the field of Refractive errors, if and when approved. At present, not much information is available regarding their candidates in public domain.
Access and Reimbursement Scenario in Hyperopia Therapies
The cost of LASIK surgery will depend on many variables, including the surgeon’s experience and reputation and the kind of technology used for the procedure. For all vision correction procedures performed with an excimer laser to reshape the eye’s cornea, most refractive surgeons in the US charge one fee. In other words, this extensive fee requires additional automated technology such as the use of a femtosecond laser to produce the flap in the cornea for bladeless LASIK and is not separately priced as an “extra.” But, depending on the particular technology used, some LASIK surgeons have variable costs. For example, for a more customized procedure, they can charge more for all-laser LASIK or custom LASIK that employs wavefront technology.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in the Hyperopia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Hyperopia market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the over Hyperopia scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Hyperopia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of Hyperopia , explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, and currently available therapies.
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Hyperopia epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Hyperopia is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
• A detailed review of Hyperopia market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Hyperopia market.
• In the coming years, Hyperopia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Hyperopia R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
• A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Hyperopia .
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the over Hyperopia scenario of the research and development activities.
Hyperopia Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Hyperopia Pipeline Analysis
• Hyperopia Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Hyperopia Report Key Strengths
• 10 Years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Hyperopia Epidemiology Segmentation
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Drugs Uptake
Hyperopia Report Assessment
• SWOT Analysis
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the Hyperopia Market share (%) distribution in 2018 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the Hyperopia total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across the 7MM and which country will have the largest Hyperopia market size during the study period (2018–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the Hyperopia market is expected to grow in the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
• What would be the Hyperopia market outlook across the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
• What would be the Hyperopia market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• Hyperopia patient types/pool where unmet need is more and whether emerging therapies will be able to address the residual unmet need?
• How emerging therapies are performing on the parameters like efficacy, safety, route of administration (RoA), treatment duration and frequencies on the basis of their clinical trial results?
• Among the emerging therapies, what are the potential therapies which are expected to disrupt the Hyperopia market?
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Hyperopia ?
• What is the historical Hyperopia patient pool in the seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Hyperopia in the 7 major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Hyperopia ?
• Out of Hyperopia the 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Hyperopia during the study period (2018–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in the 7MM during the study period (2018–2030)?
• What are the various recent and upcoming events which are expected to improve the diagnosis of Hyperopia ?
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of Hyperopia ?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Hyperopia in the US, Europe and Japan?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Hyperopia ?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Hyperopia ?
• How many emerging therapies are in mid stage, and late stage of development for the treatment of Hyperopia ?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Hyperopia therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Hyperopia and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Hyperopia ?
• What is the global historical and forecasted market of Hyperopia ?
Reasons to buy
• The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Hyperopia market.
• To understand the future market competition in the Hyperopia market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Hyperopia in the US, Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
• Identification of strong upcoming players in market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Hyperopia market.
• To understand the future market competition in the Hyperopia market.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook