DelveInsight’s ‘Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical &forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of FTD in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Report provides the current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted market size of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assess underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) - Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD), is a term used to describe a group of neurocognitive disorders that encompass progressive dysfunction in executive functioning, behavior, and language. It is considered the third most common form of dementia following Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and dementia with Lewy bodies. It is a cluster of syndromes that result from degeneration of the frontal and temporal lobes, and is subdivided into two categories that are unique in respect to their predominating presentations; namely, the behavioral subtype that accounts for about half of FTD cases, and the language subtype.
The management of problematic behaviors in FTD with mainly sparse case reports and case series detailing their effectiveness lacks the study quality. Nevertheless, before resorting to pharmacological therapies, nonpharmacological strategies are considered the preferred intervention, which may exacerbate medical comorbidities and thereby affecting more elderly patients. In FTD and related disorders, donepezil, rivastigmine, and galantamine are the three most commonly used acetylcholinesterase. Although none were adequately powered, and only one study was placebo-controlled, results have so far been disappointing across the board.
Frontotemporal Dementia Diagnosis
A ‘definite’ diagnosis of FTD is still based on neuropathology confirmation postmortem. Improved sensitivity and specificity for bvFTD diagnosis in clinical practice is now possible with the expansion of ‘possible’ and ‘probable’ FTD criteria. Patients with bvFTD experience progressive deterioration of behavior and cognition. A recent review of neuroimaging studies has detailed advances in quantifying brain atrophy in FTD using volumetric MRI measurements and by observing hypometabolism in specific regions using [18F] fluorodeoxyglucose PET (18F-FDG PET).
Frontotemporal Dementia Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available in the Frontotemporal Dementia market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithm across the United States, Europe and Japan.
The DelveInsight Frontotemporal Dementia market report gives a thorough understanding of FTD by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides FTD treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Frontotemporal Dementia Epidemiology
The Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) epidemiology division provide the insights about historical and current patient pool and forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken. According to DelveInsight, the total number of prevalent cases of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) in 7 MM was found to be 76,499 in the year 2017.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology (Diagnosed Prevalent cases of FTD, Prevalent Cases of FTD by types, Subtype specific cases of Primary Progressive Apahasia and Mutations associated with FTD) scenario of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) in the 7MM covering United States, EU5 countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017–2030.
Frontotemporal Dementia Drug Chapters
This segment of the Frontotemporal Dementia report encloses the detailed analysis of marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details and the latest news and press releases.
Currently there are no FDA (Food and Drug Administration) or EMA (European Medicines Agency) or PMDA (Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency) approved disease modifying therapies for the management of FTD. The current treatment strategies mainly rely upon off-label use of medications for symptomatic management, and most therapies lack quality evidence from randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. These therapies rely on modulation of neurotransmitter levels and do not target the underlying pathophysiology of FTD. FTD drugs market is categorized on the basis of drug classes such as Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (Citalopram, Fluoxetine), Antipsychotic Agents, Cholinesterase Inhibitors (donepezil, rivastigmine and galantamine) NMDA receptor antagonists (Memantine), and Benzodiazepine Antianxiety Drugs.
Frontotemporal Dementia Emerging Drugs
AL001 is Alector’s wholly owned human monoclonal antibody designed to modulate progranulin, a regulator of immune activity in the brain with genetic links to multiple neurodegenerative disorders, including FTD, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. It aims to increase the level of progranulin in humans by inhibiting a progranulin degradation mechanism. In August 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted orphan drug designation to Alector for the continued development of AL001.
Products detail in the report…
Frontotemporal Dementia Market Outlook
The Frontotemporal Dementia market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted trend of the market by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a through detail of market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the market of Frontotemporal Dementia in 7MM is expected to undergo a major positive shift during the course of the study period (2017–2030). The Frontotemporal Dementia market is expected to increase with a CAGR of 21.41% for 7MM during the study period. Among the 7MM, the United States accounts for the largest market size of FTD, in comparison to EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
This section includes a glimpse of the Frontotemporal Dementia market in 7MM.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Frontotemporal Dementia market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Frontotemporal Dementia market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom is provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Frontotemporal Dementia market size and market size by therapies in Japan is also mentioned.
Frontotemporal Dementia Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the market or will get launched in the market during the study period from 2017–2030. The analysis covers market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Frontotemporal Dementia Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Frontotemporal Dementia key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing and patent details for Frontotemporal Dementia emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Frontotemporal Dementia
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In report we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business & price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Frontotemporal Dementia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Frontotemporal Dementia market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Frontotemporal Dementia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of Frontotemporal Dementia, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and currently available therapies
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Frontotemporal Dementia epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Frontotemporal Dementia are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
• A detailed review of Frontotemporal Dementia market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Frontotemporal Dementia market
• In the coming years, Frontotemporal Dementia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the Size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Frontotemporal Dementia R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for Frontotemporal Dementia. Launch of emerging therapies, will significantly impact the Frontotemporal Dementia market
• A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Frontotemporal Dementia
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Frontotemporal Dementia Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Pipeline Analysis
• Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Frontotemporal Dementia Report Key Strengths
• 11 Year Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Epidemiology Segmentation
• Drugs Uptake
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Key Cross Competition
Frontotemporal Dementia Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Detailed Pipeline Product Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the Frontotemporal Dementia Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the Frontotemporal Dementia total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Frontotemporal Dementia Market Size during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the Frontotemporal Dementia market is expected to grow in 7MM during the study period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Frontotemporal Dementia market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What would be the Frontotemporal Dementia market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Frontotemporal Dementia?
• What is the historical Frontotemporal Dementia patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Frontotemporal Dementia in 7 major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Frontotemporal Dementia?
• Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest Incident population of Frontotemporal Dementia during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) in USA, Europe and Japan?
• What are the Frontotemporal Dementia marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia?
• How many emerging therapies are in mid stage, and late stage of development for the treatment of Frontotemporal Dementia?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Frontotemporal Dementia therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Frontotemporal Dementia and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Frontotemporal Dementia?
• What are the global historical and forecasted market of Frontotemporal Dementia?
Reasons to buy
The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Frontotemporal Dementia market
To understand the future market competition in the Frontotemporal Dementia market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Frontotemporal Dementia in US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan
Identification of strong upcoming players in market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Frontotemporal Dementia market
To understand the future market competition in the Frontotemporal Dementia market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook