Global Dry Eye Syndrome Treatment Market - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
By Product Type (Emulsions, Lubricant Eye Drops/Solutions, Eye Ointments, Autologous Serum Eye Drops, Nutrition Supplements, Others), Disease Type (Evaporative Dry Eye Syndrome, Aqueous Dry Eye Syndrome), Treatment Type (Lubricating Agents, Tear Stimulators, Artificial Tears, Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Antibiotic Drugs, Others), End User (Home Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa)
Dry eye syndrome is a multifactorial disease of the ocular surface and tears which results in the symptoms of visual disturbance, tear film instability and discomfort with potential damage of the ocular surface. Dry eye happens when the eyes do not produce the tears properly, or when the consistency of the tears is not correct and evaporates too quickly.
Dry eye syndrome is the chronic condition which is categorized into:
• Evaporative dry eye (EDE) – It is the most common type of dry eye syndrome which is often related with an unstable tear film and the increased evaporation. Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) is considered as the leading cause of evaporative dry eye.
• Aqueous tear-deficient dry eye (ADDE) – It refers mainly to a failure of the lacrimal tear secretion.
Global dry eye syndrome treatment market is segmented into five notable segments which are product type, disease type, treatment type, end user and distribution channel.
• On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into emulsions, lubricant eye drops/solutions, eye ointments, nutrition supplements, autologous serum eye drops and others
• On the basis of disease type, the market is segmented into evaporative dry eye syndrome and aqueous dry eye syndrome
• On the basis of treatment type, the market is segmented into tear stimulators, lubricating agents, anti-inflammatory drugs, artificial tears, antibiotic drugs and others
• On the basis end user, the market is segmented into of home healthcare, hospitals, clinics and others
• On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into of hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies and others
The key market players are listed below:
• Mitotech, SA
• Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
• Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
• Novaliq GmbH
• Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.
• Horus Pharma
• Senju Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
• Akorn, Incorporated
• Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
• Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
• Alcon Inc.
• Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
• Novartis AG
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook