Asia-Pacific Newborn Screening Market - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
By Test Type (Dried Blood Spot Test, Hearing Screen Test, Critical Congenital Heart Diseases (CCHD) Test), Product Type (Instruments, Reagents and Assay Kits), Technology (Tandem Mass Spectrometry, Hearing Screen Technology, Pulse Oximetry Screening Technology, Immunoassays and Enzymatic Assays, Electrophoresis, DNA-Based Assays), Disease Type (Critical Congenital Heart Diseases, Newborn Hearing Loss, Sickle Cell Disease, Phenylketonuria (PKU), Cystic Fibrosis (CF), Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Others), End User (Hospital, Paediatric Clinics, Clinics), Country (Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Asia-Pacific market for newborn screening is considered to be one of the most expanding markets in the global healthcare industry. Newborn screening is the testing that diagnoses harmful and fatal disorders in newborns which can adversely affect their long term health. The newborn screening tests can detect around thirty metabolic and genetic diseases and some common are phenylketonuria (PKU), congenital hypothyroidism (CH), galactosemia (GAL), and sickle cell disease. Increased government initiatives to aware people regarding newborn screening are playing a vital role in expansion of newborn screening market. Newborn screening is a mandatory test in over 60 countries including U.S., Australia, and New Zealand. These countries have an Infant Mortality Rate of less than 10 per 1000 births. However, in India, only less than 1.0% of infants are screened and every year over 1.6 million babies are born with birth defects.
Asia-Pacific newborn screening market is segmented into five notable segments which are test type, product type, technology, disease type and end user.
• On the basis of test type, the market is segmented into dried blood spot test, hearing screen test, critical congenital heart diseases (CCHD) test.
• On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into instruments, reagents & assay kits.
• On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into tandem mass spectrometry, hearing screen technology, pulse oximetry screening technology, immunoassays and enzymatic assays, electrophoresis, DNA-based assays.
• On the basis of disease type, the market is segmented into phenylketonuria (PKU), cystic fibrosis (CF), sickle cell disease, newborn hearing loss, critical congenital heart diseases, maple syrup urine disease, others.
• On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into pediatric clinics, hospital, clinics.
The key market players for Asia-Pacific newborn screening market are listed below:
• PerkinElmer Inc.
• Natus Medical Incorporated
• Trivitron Healthcare
• Baebies, Inc.
• Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
• Hill-Rom Services Inc.
• Intelligent Hearing Systems
• Interacoustics A/S
• Otodynamics Ltd
• Vivosonic Inc.
• ZenTech S.A.
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook