U.S Intravenous Solution Market, by Solution Type (Saline (Normal saline 0.9% NaCl and Hypertonic saline), Dextran (D5W 5% dextrose in water and Analog Hypertonic Saline), Lactated Ringer’s, Amino Acid, Vitamins & Minerals, Heparin and trace elements, and Mixed Solutions), By Packaging (Ampules, Vials, Cartridges, Bottles, Bags (Large Volume Bags-greater than 250ml and Small Volume Bags-less than 250ml), By Indication (Oncology, Post-Operative Care, General Medicine, Burn Management, Pulmonary Disorders, Cardiovascular Diseases, and Others), and By End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Home care Settings, and Others) - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2020 - 2027
Intravenous solutions are supplemental fluids used in intravenous therapy to restore or maintain normal fluid volume and electrolyte balance when the oral route of administration is not possible in an individual. Intravenous therapy is a medical technique that delivers fluids, medications and nutrition directly into a person's vein. Intravenous solution therapy is an efficient and effective way of supplying fluids directly into the intravascular fluid compartment of the body. Intravascular fluids are used to replace electrolyte losses, and also for administering medications and blood products. Intravenous solutions are also known as Intravenous fluids. Some of the major reasons when patient needs to take fluids intravenously, rehydration after becoming dehydrated from illness, treatment of an infection using antibiotics, cancer treatment through chemotherapy drugs, management of pain using certain medication. Fluids for such treatments consists of water with electrolytes, sugar, or medications. The amount of intravenous solution can be regulate in the body by two ways, manually or by using electric pump, which uses a pump to regulate intravenous fluid. Types of intravenous solutions are saline, dextran, lactated Ringer’s, amino acid, vitamins & minerals, heparin and trace elements and mixed solutions.
The intravenous solutions used during burn care management are protein-based colloids, hypertonic solutions, isotonic crystalloids, and others. The increasing number of burn incidences in the U.S. is expected to boost the U.S. intravenous solutions market over the forecast period. For instance, according to the Burn Association of America, approximately 486,000 fire or burn injuries were reported at emergency departments in 2016 in the U.S.
However, growth of the U.S. intravenous solution market is expected to be hampered over the forecast period, owing to increasing FDA recalls. For instance, in August 2015, Covidien LLC, recalled their product Monoject 0.9% Saline Flush Prefill Double Pouch over the packaging process control reason. As there was defect in packaging of monoject 0.9% saline flush pouch.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of global U.S intravenous solution market, provides market size (US$ Million), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %), for the forecast period 2021-2028, considering 2020 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by leading players.
- It profiles key players in the U.S intravenous solution market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies
- Key players covered as a part of this study are B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC, Grifols, S.A., JW Life Science, Amanta Healthcare, Salius Pharma Private Limited, Axa Parenterals Ltd., Vifor Pharma Management Ltd., Icu Medical, Inc., and Pfizer Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decisions with respect to future product launches, governmental initiatives, technological up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The U.S intravenous solution market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, product manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers for dialysis market, research and consulting firms, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- U.S Intravenous Solution Market, By Solution Type:
- Normal Saline (0.9% NaCl)
- Hypertonic saline
- D5W (5% dextrose in water)
- Analog Hypertonic Saline
- Lactated Ringer’s
- Amino Acid
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Heparin and trace elements
- Mixed Solutions
- U.S Intravenous Solution Market, By Packaging Type:
- Large Volume Bags (greater than 250ml)
- Small Volume Bags (less than 250ml)
- U.S Intravenous Solution Market, By Indication:
- Post-Operative Care
- General Medicine
- Burn Management
- Pulmonary Disorders
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- U.S Intravenous Solution Market, By End User:
- Ambulatory Surgery Centres
- Home care Settings
- Company Profiles
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Highlights
- Baxter International Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC
- Grifols, S.A.
- Jw Life Science
- Amanta Healthcare
- Salius Pharma Private Limited
- Axa Parenterals Ltd.
- Vifor Pharma Management Ltd.
- Icu Medical, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
“*” marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.