Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Chile
Chilean Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a volume share of 1.5% of the global market and 12.6% of the regional (Latin America) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at CLP$ 4,692,735.4 Million (US$6,936.9 Million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021.
Rising urbanization rate and improving economy are driving the demand for Bakery & Cereals sector in Chile as the majority of these urban dwellers want convenient products because of their busy and active lifestyles. Per capita consumption stood at 110.3kg when compared to the global and Latin America levels of 26.4kg and 42kg, respectively, in 2016.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Naturally Healthy’ and ‘Functional and Fortified’ and consumer benefits such as ‘General Wellbeing’ and ‘Health Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Chilean Bakery & Cereals sector.
The top five brands in the Chilean Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for 13.8% value share, in 2016. Private labels accounted for 1.3% share by value in the same year. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Chilean Bakery & Cereals sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 90.8%, followed by Rigid Plastics, and Paper & Board with shares of 6.7% and 1.6% respectively.
Consumption of Bakery & Cereals is high among urban population, particularly those who have attended lower and secondary school. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Kids & Babies together accounted for a 49.9% share in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Chile provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods, and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tin.
Companies mentioned in this report: Good Food Sa,Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V.,Carozzi S.A.,Dr. August Oetker Kg,General Mills, Inc.,Lo Saldes,San Camilo S.A.,Compania De Alimentos CCU,PepsiCo, Inc.,Viola Backer - Volwerkost Alemania,Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A.,Alimentos Nutra Bien S.A.,The Kellogg Company,Kraft Foods Group, Inc.,Kuchenmeister Gmbh,Lagos del Sur,Nevares,Otis Spunkmeyer, Inc,SCHLÜNDER BROT & KUCHEN,Bicentury Group,General Mills, Inc.,The Hershey Company,Griesson - De Beukelaer Gmbh & Co. Kg.,Voortman Cookies Ltd.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Chilean Bakery & Cereals sector grew at a CAGR of 5.9% during 2011-2016 and is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021.
- The per capita consumption of Bakery & Cereals is high in Chile compare to Global and regional levels
- Dough Products is forecast to register the fastest growth rate during 2016-2021, followed by Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies
- Per capita consumption of Bread & Rolls is significantly high in Chile when compared with regional and global levels
- Private labels accounted for 1.3% share by value in the same year.
- Ideal and Mckay is the leading brand in the Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in both value and volume terms.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.