Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Austria
Austrian Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a value share of 0.67% of the global market and 2.96% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at EUR4,219.8 million (US$4,665.2 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2016-2021. A rising rate of women in employment, longer working hours, and increasing demand for convenient food options are driving the demand for Bakery & Cereals products in Austria.
Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the Austrian Bakery & Cereals sector, accounting for a total value share of 51.7% in 2016. This is followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Convenience Stores with shares of 31.3% and 13.3%, respectively, in the same year. Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Naturally Healthy’ and ‘Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ‘General Wellbeing’ and ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Austrian Bakery & Cereals sector.
Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Austrian Bakery & Cereals sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 82.1%, followed by Rigid Plastics, and Paper & Board with shares of 10.7% and 6.5% respectively.
Consumption of Bakery & Cereals is high among urban population, particularly those who have attended lower/upper secondary school. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Kids & Babies together accounted for a 48.7% share in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Austria provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods, and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tin.
Companies mentioned in this report: Dr. August Oetker Kg, Ed. haas Austria Gmbh, Ankerbrot AG, Artisanal Producers, Barilla G. & R. Fratelli, Harry Brot Gmbh, Rudolf Ölz Meisterbäcker Gmbh & Co Kg, Wendeln, Bioquelle Gmbh, HiPP GmbH & Co. Vertrieb KG, Pöll Beteiligungs Gmbh & Co. Kg, Schneekoppe Gmbh & Co. Kg, Bright Food (Group) Co., Ltd., Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A., The Kellogg Company, Trio Alimentos, Bahlsen Gmbh & Co. Kg, Conditorei Coppenrath & Wiese Gmbh & Co. Kg, Jomo confectionery Ges.mbH, Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Mondelez International, Inc, Hero Group, Griesson - De Beukelaer Gmbh & Co. Kg., Josef Manner & Comp Ag, Bella Bulgaria S.A., Daily Cer, Germany, Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. KG, The Lorenz Bahlsen Snack-World Gmbh & Co Kg.Scope
Reasons to buy
- A rising rate of women employment and increasing demand for convenient food options are driving demand for Bakery & Cereals products in Austria.
- Of the eleven markets analyzed, Bread & Rolls is the largest, accounting for more than one-third of the value share in the sector
- The per capita consumption of Bakery & Cereals in the country is higher when compared to the global and regional level
- Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading channel in the distribution of Bakery & Cereals products, accounting for more than half of share in the country.
- Rudolf Ölz Meisterbäcker Gmbh & Co. Kg and Mondelez International, Inc. are the leading market players in the country.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.