“Medical Marijuana – Competitive Intelligence Analysis, 2019” report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across Medical Marijuana industry. A detailed picture of the competitive landscape is provided with summation of data from multiple sources with complete analysis of companies, patents, pipeline products, competitive benchmarking and therapeutic assessment of clinical products.
The fast development of the cannabis and its expanding appropriation over the therapeutic application has grabbed the eye of a large group of industry verticals running from pharmaceuticals to land and preparing ventures to advisory and consultancy administrations. While cannabis cultivators and producers are the most critical piece of the cannabis ecosystem, revenue comes significantly from Pharmaceutical organizations. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not recognized or approved the marijuana plant as medicine. However, the scientific study of the chemicals in marijuana, called cannabinoids, has led to some FDA-approved medications that contain cannabinoid chemicals in pill form. Continued research may lead to the approval of more medications.
Products covered by Phase
• Phase III
• Phase II
• Phase I
Overview of companies in medical marijuana arena
The report covers 12+ companies working in this domain, such as GW Pharmaceuticals, Canopy Growth Corporation, Aurora Cannabis, Auxly Cannabis Group and others. GW Pharmaceuticals has two medical marijuana products in the market; Epidiolex and Sativex. Epidiolex (cannabidiol) oral solution is the first FDA-approved drug that contains a purified drug substance derived from marijuana. It is also the first FDA approval of a drug for the treatment of patients with Dravet syndrome.
The company profiles include but are not limited to business overview, products, and latest development activities focusing on collaborations and licensing deals, partnerships and agreements, acquisitions, product launches, awards and grants, and other latest developments.
Overview of pipeline analysis for medical marijuana
Pipeline analysis of therapeutic drugs include but are not limited to brief drug description and product profile focusing on molecule type, phase of clinical development, drug developer, indication, and route of administration. Most pipeline products have oral route of administration and maximum clinical trials are focused on treatment of neuropathic pain.
Therapeutic segmentation of products for medical marijuana
• By Phase
• By Indication
• By Route of Administration
Key Market Drivers
• Growing legalization of medical marijuana
• Rising research and development activities
• Increasing ageing population
The report comprises of comparative pipeline therapeutics assessment by development phase, indication, and route of administration. There are various products in late stages of development which point towards a hopeful future in terms of products approvals. Neuropathic pain has been the most sought after indication for clinical trials, followed by spasticity in patients with multiple sclerosis, cancer pain, and others.
Data used in the report are sourced primarily from internal databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by DelveInsight’s team of industry experts.
Information and data from the secondary sources have been obtained from various printable and non-printable sources like search engines, news websites, global regulatory authorities websites, trade journals, white papers, magazines, books, trade associations, industry associations, industry portals and access to available databases.
Data gathered from secondary sources has been validated through primary research methods, such as questionnaires and surveys by contacting industry experts and key
Scope of the report
• Provides an overview of therapeutic pipeline activity for medical marijuana across the clinical product development cycle including Phase I, Phase II and Phase III stages.
• It comprises of detailed profiles of companies active in medical marijuana arena with key coverage of business overview, products, and latest development activities focusing on collaborations and licensing deals, partnerships and agreements, acquisitions, product launches, awards and grants, and other latest developments.
• It comprises of analysis of medical marijuana pipeline products with key coverage of brief drug description and product profile focusing on molecule type, phase of clinical development, drug developer, indication, and route of administration.
• Therapeutic assessment of the active pipeline products by stage, indication, and route of administration.
• Provides information about drivers, barriers and opportunities that are shaping the medical marijuana market.
• Covers CI analysis consisting of comprehensive SWOT and PESTEL analysis.
• Provides list of “Medical Marijuana” patents filed in the last five years.
• Presents comments of experts and latest updated in the medical marijuana field, including industry updates, product launches, and scientific intelligence.
• With the growing legalization of medical marijuana, more and more companies are investing in clinical trials with marijuana and its extracts to treat variety of indications.
• The recent USFDA and European Commission Approval of Epidiolex, a plant-derived cannabidiol has contributed to overall growth of the medical marijuana industry.
• The market is expected to witness a series of new product approvals in the near future.
Reasons to Buy
• Establish a comprehensive understanding of the current market scenario across medical marijuana industry to formulate effective R&D strategies
• Assess challenges and opportunities that influence medical marijuana industry
• Gather impartial perspective of strategies of the emerging competitors having potentially lucrative portfolio in this space and create effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage
• Devise in licensing and out licensing strategies by identifying prospective partners with progressing projects for medical marijuana to enhance and expand business potential and scope
• Our extensive domain knowledge supports the client in decision-making process regarding their product portfolio and strategic business plans
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook