Global Catheter Stabilization Devices Market - 2023-2030
The global catheter stabilization devices market reached US$ 1,231 million in 2022 and is projected to witness lucrative growth by reaching up to US$ XX million by 2030. The market is growing at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period (2023-2030).
Catheter stabilization devices are medical devices that are designed to secure a catheter in place, preventing it from shifting or being accidentally dislodged. Catheters are thin, flexible tubes that are inserted into the body to deliver fluids, and medications, or to measure bodily functions. Catheterization is a common medical procedure that is used in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and home care.
The growing benefits of catheter stabilization devices
Catheters are commonplace in hospital settings. As per the article published in the Journal of Vascular Access in 2021, the optimal stabilization of the vascular device is part of all insertion bundles and is s as an important approach to minimize the risk of complications. Adequate stabilization of a vascular access device must ensure the integrity of the device, minimize the motion of the catheter at the exit site, and prevent the dislodgment of the catheter. The market layers are offering the products to expand their business. For instance, Eloquest Healthcare, Inc. offers SecurAcath a subcutaneous catheter securement system. The device employs a small anchor (securement feet) positioned just beneath the skin at the catheter insertion site and connected to the catheter shaft.
The technological advances in catheter stabilization devices open opportunities in the market. For instance, sutureless stabilization devices offered by Delta Med S.p.A. which is provided proper stabilization of the catheter are essential to reduce the risk of dislocations and complications. They are easy to apply, they avoid dislocation and migration of the catheter tip, they eliminate the risk of accidental puncture wounds, and they are more comfortable as they have no rigid parts. Also When securing a straight PIV catheter, 3M Tegaderm I.V. Advanced Securement Dressing 1683 plus tape strips withstood three times the pull force after 48 hours of the leading standard film dressing plus tape strip.
The drawbacks of catheter stabilization devices
Skin-adhesive sutureless devices (either separate from the dressing or integrated into the transparent membrane) are sufficient and secure but may have some impediments: they must be replaced weekly; they are not 100% effective in controlling dislodgment; they interfere with adequate disinfection of the exit site; they allow “in and out” micromovements of the catheter at the exit-site, also they might generate MARSI (Medical Adhesive-Related Skin Injury).
The global catheter stabilization devices market is segmented based on product, application, end-user, and region.
Owing to their versatility and cost-effectiveness, the peripheral catheter securement devices
Peripheral catheter securement devices are a type of catheter stabilization device that are used specifically to secure peripheral intravenous catheters (PIVCs) in place. PIVCs are short, thin tubes that are inserted into a peripheral vein, typically in the arm or hand, to deliver medications, fluids, or nutrients. PIVCs are commonly used in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings. Peripheral catheter securement devices are designed to hold the PIVC securely in place, preventing it from becoming dislodged or moving around. These devices can be adhesive-based, using tape or similar materials to secure the catheter to the skin, or they can be mechanical-based, using clips or other devices to hold the catheter in place.
The strong presence of major players and technological advancements
The growing demand in developing countries, especially in Europe, creates opportunities for manufacturers to expand their operations in these regions. The increasing chronic disease in the Europe region drives the market. For instance, according to European Chronic Disease Alliance, chronic disease is the main cause of mortality in Europe, representing 77% of the total disease burden and 86% of all deaths. Also, active players are offering catheter stabilization devices in the market. For instance, Bunzl Healthcare (London) offers The Statlcok PICC device, which eliminates the need to secure a catheter with a suture. It secures the catheter in place. and is compatible for use with a wide variety of PICC catheters. It is faster and easier to apply than suture and permits visibility of the insertion site. The foam anchor pad is made from breathable latex–free tricot fabric that delivers added catheter security and patient comfort. The device has sliding pads.
The major global players include Omron Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., 3M, Allied Healthcare Products, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Agilent Technologies, Medline Industries, Inc., Briggs Healthcare, Cathetrix, GF Health Products, Inc.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
• Peripheral Catheter Securement Devices
Foley Catheter Securement Devices
Nasogastric Tube Securement Devices
Endotracheal Tube Securement Devices
Ventriculoperitoneal Securement Devices
Continuous Nerve Block Catheter Securement Devices
Midlines Securement Devices
• Central Venous Catheter Securement Devices
Portal Securement Devices
PICC Securement Devices
Subclavian Securement Devices
Femoral Securement Devices
Jugular Securement Devices
• Arterial Catheter Securement Devices
• Chest Drainage Tube Securement Devices
• Abdominal Drainage Tube Securement Devices
• Epidural Securement Devices
• All-Site Securement Devices
• Cardiovascular Procedures
• Respiratory Procedures
• Gastric and Oropharyngeal Procedures
• General Surgery
• Urological Procedures
• Other Applications
• Ambulatory Surgery Clinics
• North America
Rest of Europe
• South America
Rest of South America
Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Middle East and Africa
• In December 2022, CATHETRIX, an innovative developer of urinary (Foley) smart catheter fixation devices, announced that it will commercially launch its catheter stabilizer for the prevention of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and accidental Foley catheter extractions at the Arab Health 2023, which will take place January 30–February 2, 2023, in Dubai, UAE.
• In September 2022, B. Braun Medical Inc. declared that it has acquired the Clik-Fix catheter securement device product portfolio from Starboard Medical, Inc., adding to the company’s portfolio of peripheral intravenous (IV) therapy devices.
Why Purchase the Report?
• To visualize the global Catheter Stabilization Devices- market segmentation based on product, application and region, as well as understand key commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities by analyzing trends and co-development.
• Excel data sheet with numerous data points of Catheter Stabilization Devices market-level with all segments.
• PDF report consists of a comprehensive analysis after exhaustive qualitative interviews and an in-depth study.
• Product mapping available as excel consisting of key products of all the major players.
The global Catheter Stabilization Devices market report would provide approximately 61 tables, 64 figures and 195+ Pages.
Target Audience 2023
• Manufacturers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook