Global Quinoa Seeds Market - Segmented by Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global quinoa seeds market is expected to register a double-digit growth during the forecasted period from 2018 to 2023. Currently, South America is the largest market for quinoa, followed by North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. The major quinoa producing and exporting countries are Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Colombia, and the US. The demand of organic quinoa is high in the international markets compared to non-organic quinoa.
Nutrient-rich Property and Super Food Drives the Market
Quinoa is considered to be a rich and healthy food product as it contains essential minerals, like phosphorous, manganese, magnesium, iron, and copper that help deal with diabetes, migraines, and atherosclerosis. Also, it is a good source of vitamins B and E. The availability of quinoa that can be blended with other food products, like cookies, muffins, and fritters to enhance taste and functionality is likely to help in the growth of the quinoa seeds market during the estimated period. Quinoa is free of gluten, which makes it popular in consumers who are health conscious, which is propelling its demand. Consumption of quinoa in breakfast food is rising due to its usage as an ingredient in breakfast foods, which is expected to grow in the forecast period.
Peru Dominates the Market in Exports
In the year 2015, Peru exported USD 143,493 thousand of quinoa while in the year 2016 the exports totaled USD 103,062 thousand. Quinoa in Peru is traditionally produced in the Southern highlands, particularly in the regions of Puno, Arequipa, and Cusco, which account for 66%, 8%, and 7% of the total production respectively. It exports different types of organic and conventional quinoa in colors as white, black, red, and tricolor. Organic market is the key growth factor for its exports. Rising international prices as result of stronger demand have encouraged producers to switch from other crops to quinoa. Peru exports More than half of its quinoa products to U.S followed by Netherlands, Canada, and Germany.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- To have an understanding of the fastest growing regions in the global quinoa seeds market and their growth trends during the forecast period
- The report outlines drives, restraints and trends that are currently affecting the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitors overview, company share analysis
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the market estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs