Europe Processed Meat Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018-2023)
The Europe processed meat market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.2%, during the forecast period. 2018-2023. Germany is the major market in Europe with more than 30% market share followed by France and Italy. The country is the market leader in pork production and exports and second in beef production after France. The EU accounts for 16% of the meat production in the world annually.
Processed minced beef has increased its share of the total beef volume sold, probably as a result of its lower price and of its versatility in contemporary dishes. The increasing popularity of cooking sauces, especially pasta sauces is believed to be a major reason for the increase in share of mince beef sales. Also, factors, like changing lifestyle, demand for convenience food and increase in disposable income are contributing to the growth of the processed meat market in Europe.
Rising cost of feed raw materials is the major restraint to Europe processed meat market. Moreover, caution from organizations, like WHOon the increased risk of getting cancer due to the consumption of processed meat is further hindering the processed meat market growth in Europe.
Branding, advertising and promotion of processed food, like beef, red meat, and others are some of the strategies being observed to grab the market. Further, the rising demand for organic livestock is an opportunity for vendors to increase their market share.
Europe processed meat market can be segmented on the basis of product type, meat type, and geography. The largest product market is cured meat with a 36% share of the total processed meat market in Europe.
In Europe, consumption of pork is reported to be the largest at 32.3 kg per capita. France has largest population of beef cattle with 25 different breeds raised solely for the production of meat. Three-fourths of the meat produced in Netherlands is destined for exports.
- February 2018 - Tyson Foods Inc. is focused on innovating and brand building to keep its multiple billion-dollar brands that are already customer favorites contemporary and relevant. It is launching Eggwiches in May, a new line of frozen breakfast sandwiches without the bread, plus new egg white scrambles to build on the success of Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles Breakfast Cups.
Major players - BRF S.A., CARGILL INC., FOSTER FARMS, HORMEL FOODS, JBS S.A., KOCH FOODS, MARFRIG GROUP, NATIONAL BEEF, PERDUE FARMS, PILGRIMS PRIDE, SANDERSON FARMS INC., SMITHFIELD FOODS INC., among others. Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Market Definition
- 2. Research Approach & Methodology
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Research Designs
- 2.3 Study Timelines
- 2.4 Study Phases
- 2.4.1 Secondary Research
- 2.4.2 Discussion Guide
- 2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
- 2.4.4 Expert Validation
- 3. Key Findings of the Study
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Processed Minced Meat
- 4.1.2 Shift in Consumer Preference towards Convenience Food Products
- 4.1.3 Rising Disposable Income and Changing Lifestyle
- 4.2 Constraints
- 4.2.1 Rising Cost of Feed Raw Materials
- 4.2.2 Heath Risk due to Meat Consumption
- 4.3 Opportunities
- 4.3.1 Demand for Organic Meat
- 4.3.2 Introduction of Innovative Marketing Strategies
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
- 4.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
- 4.5.2 Target Market Identification
- 22.214.171.124 Purchasing Power
- 126.96.36.199 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
- 188.8.131.52 Spending Patterns
- 5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1 By Product Type
- 5.1.1 Cured Meat
- 184.108.40.206 Whole Muscle
- 220.127.116.11 Fully Cooked and Formed
- 18.104.22.168 Fully Cooked
- 22.214.171.124 Shelf Stable
- 126.96.36.199 Others
- 5.1.2 Uncured Meat
- 188.8.131.52 Whole Muscle
- 184.108.40.206 Raw
- 220.127.116.11 Others
- 5.2 By Meat Type
- 5.2.1 Poultry
- 5.2.2 Beef
- 5.2.3 Pork
- 5.2.4 Mutton
- 5.2.5 Others
- 5.3 By Geography
- 5.3.1 Germany
- 5.3.2 UK
- 5.3.3 France
- 5.3.4 Spain
- 5.3.5 Italy
- 5.3.6 Russia
- 5.3.7 Rest of Europe
- 6. Competitive Landscape
- 6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
- 6.2 Most Active Companies
- 6.3 Market Share Analysis
- 7. Company Profiles
- 7.1 BRF S.A.
- 7.2 Cargill Inc.
- 7.3 Foster Farms
- 7.4 Hormel Foods
- 7.5 JBS S.A.
- 7.6 Koch Foods
- 7.7 Marfrig Group
- 7.8 National Beef
- 7.9 Perdue Farms
- 7.10 Pilgrims Pride
- 7.11 Sanderson Farms Inc.
- 7.12 Smithfield Foods Inc.
- 8. Appendix
- 8.1 Disclaimer