City Profile - Perth, Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Greater Perth or the Perth Greater Capital City Statistical Area (GCCSA) is one of the 16 GCCSA regions in Australia. The area with strong presence of service sector is a key contributor to the Australian economy contributing about 10.8% of the national GDP in 2018. The area's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Perth” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Perth. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to buy
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Perth is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors experienced healthy growth over the past two years. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Greater Perth - key facts (estimates), 2018
- Table 2: Greater Perth - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Greater Perth - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Greater Perth - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
- Table 5: Greater Perth - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Greater Perth - main universities, 2018
- Table 7: Greater Perth - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 8: Greater Perth - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 9: Greater Perth - mass transit network indicators, 2018
- Table 10: Greater Perth - Perth Airport, key airport indicators, 2016-19*
- Table 11: Greater Perth - Jandakot Airport, key airport indicators, 2016-19*
- Table 12: Perth CBD - prime office rent, as of Q4 2018
- Table 13: Experience Perth - tourism indicators, 2017-18
- Table 14: Western Australia - international arrivals by country of residence, 2017-18
- Table 15: Experience Perth - visitor nights indicators, 2017-18
- Table 16: Experience Perth - hotel indicators, FY2017-18
- Table 17: Greater Perth - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Greater Perth - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Greater Perth - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Greater Perth - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Greater Perth - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Greater Perth - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Greater Perth - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)