Top Trends in Baby Food and Care 2017: Exploring the baby food, drinks, toiletries, and diapers categories
Categories in the baby food sector continue to evolve, driven by the parental desire to provide their children with the best products available, as well as to increase the efficacy of the processes involved in caring for their babies. Specifically, products that address concerns regarding germs and the spread of disease are popular, as are those with healthful credentials. Increasingly sophisticated innovation is also evident in this sector, as influenced by a wealth of trends impacting the adult food, drink, and personal care sectors. People are also incorporating increasingly smart solutions into their lives to make parental responsibilities less burdensome.
Four key trends that are impacting innovation in baby food and care are -
- Smart Parenting: Immersed in a world of digital technology, parents are increasingly incorporating smart solutions into their lives, in a bid to make parenting activities less burdensome.
- Hyper-Protection: Recognizing concerns regarding germs and the spread of disease, brands are capitalizing on the comfort parents find in hypoallergenic and antibacterial claims.
- Health Haven: Parents seek products with healthful credentials, even taking a DIY approach to ensure the utmost care at this crucial stage of their child's development.
- Adultification: Increasingly sophisticated innovation is evident in this sector, as influenced by a wealth of trends impacting the adult food, drink, and personal care sectors.
The smart parenting trend will further drive the desire for digitally connected wearable devices for babies. Devices that enable parents to track the heart rate and activity levels of their children will become more popular, taking the worry away from protective parents. Customized products formulated with the specific health requirements and taste preferences of babies in mind will become more main stream, given the parental interest in personalized products for their children's health and wellness needs.
In the future, parents will be able to build baby personal care subscription services completely from scratch, as is currently possible with baby food subscription services.
The report Top Trends in Baby Food and Care 2017 explores how new trends influencing modern consumers' lives, such as smart technology and the fear of germs influence the baby food, baby beverages, baby toiletries, and diapers categories.
Companies mentioned in this report: Little Spoon, Nourish Baby, The Honest Company, Owlet, Thermibody, BabyGigl, Arruru, Aquaint, Little Remedies, Olive Italia, Thistle Baby, Sprout Foods, Happybaby, Maeli, Babyganics, Baybee Organics, Earth's Best, Good Gout, Mum-Mum, Earth Friendly Baby, Primal Life Paleo, The Super Yummies, Ella's Kitchen, Rituals, Dove Baby, Fruttonero Bimbo Bio, Johnson & Johnson.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Over a third of parents agree that working out what food and drinks are healthy for their children is confusing.
- Over two thirds of parents pay high or very high attention to the ingredients used in products they buy for their children.
- More parents are aware of what the term clean label is when asked, compared with non-parents.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.