New Subscription Opportunities: COVID-19 Case Study
With many countries under lockdown and supermarket shelves often bare, consumers are turning to deliveries for everything from toys to alcohol. Brands are expanding their offerings to include subscriptions, while existing subscription companies are marketing discounted offerings.
This report is part of the GlobalData COVID-19 Case Study series, which analyses specific examples of consumer sentiment, lifestyles, attitudes, and behaviors stemming from the global coronavirus outbreak. It focuses on new subscription opportunities due to social distancing during the pandemic.
Reasons to Buy
- With consumers spending more time at home, new shopping behaviors are taking hold.
- As stores sell out, essentials are in high demand; subscriptions mean one fewer daily source of stress.
- In uncertain times, consumers can do good by supporting local businesses through subscriptions.
- While essentials are important, consumers still want access to premium product experiences.
- Understand a specific examples of consumer trends and company responses in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- 1. COVID-19 Case Study: New Subscription Opportunities
- Changing Habits:
- Daily Essentials
- Supporting Local Business
- At-Home Experiences
- Key Take-Outs
- 2. Appendix