PopCorners - Success Case Study
PopCorners - Success Case Study is part of GlobalData's Successes and Failures case study series. It assesses the success of the savory snack brand's innovations, which led to its acquisition by PepsiCo.
This report is part of GlobalData's Success and Failures case study series, which explores the reasons underpinning success or failure, and key learnings. Launched by Better For You Foods (BFY) in 2008, this low calorie brand used a patented compression technique to create a gluten-free popped corn snack. Between 2008 and 2015, this brand recorded a rapid growth and saw a presence in over 40 countries, especially in the US and Canada.
Reasons to Buy
- Use local ingredients to boost product quality perceptions and authenticity of claims.
- Healthier premium products prove to be opportunistic in the indulgence sector, especially in snacking.
- Executing a clearly-labeled packaging strategy boosts product distinctiveness and brand trust.
- Use GlobalData’s selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- The premium snacking brand that piqued the interest of consumers
- PopCorners products align closely with PepsiCo's strategy
- Healthy eating is a core driver in product purchase decisions
- Localism is a vital aspect for product decision-making