Outbound Tourism Spending Habits: Top 10 Expenditure Markets in Focus
GlobalData’s Expenditure Markets In Focus report provides in-depth analysis of the top 10 spending markets globally. Here, detailed commentary is provided for outbound spending in the US, China, Germany, the UK, France, Japan, Italy, Canada, Russia, and Spain.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights for the top 10 outbound spending markets globally. Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the top 10 global inbound tourism markets are combined with a detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in these markets such as average spending per trip and total expenditure. Actionable insight on key trends and issues in these markets is then given.
Reasons to buy
- The rise in the number of exempt visa agreements between China and other countries such as Morocco, Indonesia, Serbia, and Tunisia drove Chinese outbound tourism spending. These efforts are taking support from these nations to reform the UN Security Council; however, tourism is not the primary goal of these agreements.
- French outbound tourists find Portugal more than just a ‘sun and beach’ destination and it is the main reason for the increase of outbound spending and trips to Portugal each year. According to Portugal’s Secretary of State for Tourism, Ana Mendes Godinho, most of the French tourists visiting Portugal wish to purchase homes and enjoy the country’s authenticity and modernity.
- The number of the outbound trips from Russia to Turkey has improved drastically and Turkey became the most popular destination among Russian tourists in 2017. Previously, the growth of Russian travelers to Turkey stagnated due to the ban on Russian tour operators selling Turkish holiday packages and services to travelers looking to visit Turkey.
- Gauge an idea about how the top 10 markets are expected to grow using historic and forecast market data
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends, growth opportunities
- Direct promotional efforts on the most promising markets by identifying the key source countries.
- Top 10 Expenditure Markets in Focus
- US: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- China: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Germany: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- UK: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- France: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Japan: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Italy: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Canada: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Russia: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
- Spain: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits