Impact on Consumer Behavior in Europe: COVID-19 Survey Snapshot - Week 5
GlobalData is carrying out weekly consumer surveys in 11 countries between 25th March and 31st May 2020, to track consumer sentiment and shopping behavior during the Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic. The sample size is 500 respondents per country, per week. The four countries in scope for Europe are Germany, Italy, Sweden, and the UK. Questions are consistent every week, and cover consumer opinions about COVID-19, buying behavior and product choices and impact of the Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak on consumers' lifestyle and activities. This report summarizes the key findings from responses in week 5.
- According to GlobalData’s week 5 COVID-19 consumer survey, Italy and the UK are still by far the most concerned about the current pandemic. However, in the last week concern has decreased. In both countries, the number of respondents stating that they are ‘extremely concerned’ dropped by 5%
- The results from the week 5 survey suggest that the Italian market has the strongest preference for products and services that benefit health and wellbeing. 62% of Italians are either ‘always’ or ‘often’ influenced by this factor, compared to just 39% of Germans.
- The results from the week 5 survey suggest that a significant portion of the Italian, German and Swedish market are all influenced by how responsible a product/service is. 30% of UK consumers also stated that they are ‘always’ or ‘often’ influenced by responsible products/services. This illustrates that a significant chunk of the European market will be receptive to the idea of a responsible holiday, whether this is in the form of an eco-focused trip or a form of voluntourism.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides an insight into how the coronavirus pandemic is shaping consumer sentiment in Germany, Italy, Sweden and the UK.
- It summarizes key findings from the survey ‘s responses and offers insight into how destinations and industry players can adapt to meet changing demands and needs.
- Gain access to primary survey data results.
- Understand how the coronavirus pandemic is changing consumer attitudes.
- Assess how you can adapt your business plans and strategies to better meet these changing needs.
- COVID-19 Impact on Consumer Behavior —Europe Week 5
- Italians are most receptive to products/services that benefit health and wellbeing
- Eco-lodges and trips involving responsible tourism may increase in popularity within the European market
- In terms of spending, all markets remain generally unaffected by external factors
- European consumers are spending slightly less time on social media, compared to week 4
- Contact Us