Country Profile: Savory Snacks Sector in Turkey
Turkish Savory Snacks sector accounted for a volume share of 1.8% of the global market and 20.3% of the regional (Eastern Europe) market in 2016. The sector was valued at TL3,351.1 Million (US$1,109.8 Million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% during 2016-2021. Favourable economic condition and consumers’ shifting focus from unpackaged snacks products to packaged products are the primary growth drivers of the Savory Snacks sector in the country. Per capita consumption stood at 2.6kg when compared to the global and Eastern Europe levels of 2.2kg and 2.8kg, respectively, in 2016.
Processed Snacks was the largest with value sales of TL1,238.3 Million (US$410.1 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to register value growth at a CAGR of 8.66% during 2016-2021 compared to Ethnic/Traditional Snacks (2.97%), Meat Snacks (0.4%), Nuts and Seeds (9.17%), Popcorn (3.99%), Potato Chips (8.67%), and Pretzels (3.5%).
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Turkish Savory Snacks sector, accounting for a total value share of 49% in 2016. It was followed by Convenience Stores and Food & Drinks Specialists with 34.1% and 14.3% value shares, respectively, in the same year. Flexible Packaging was the most commonly used packaging material in the Turkish Savory Snacks sector with a volume share of 95.7% in 2016, followed by Paper & Board and Rigid Plastics with 2.6% and 1.5% shares respectively.
The top five brands in the Turkish Savory Snacks sector accounted for 41.6% value share in 2016 while private label products represented 20.9% share of the value sales in the same year. Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Food Minus’ and ‘Naturally Healthy’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Weight & Shape Management’ and ‘General Wellbeing’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Turkish Savory Snacks sector.
The report Country Profile: Savory Snacks Sector in Turkey provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of package materials, pack type and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ethnic/Traditional Snacks, Meat Snacks, Nuts and Seeds, Popcorn, Potato Chips, Pretzels, and Processed Snacks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
vDistribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tin.Companies mentioned in this report:
Malatya Pazari, Papagan Kuruyemis, Peyman Gida, Saracoglu Nuts, Snacks and Food Ltd. Co., Tadim Gida, Weaver Popcorn Company, Inc., AY-POP Food Industry. Ve Tic. Ltd. Sti., PepsiCo, DOGUS YIYECEK VE IÇEÇEK, Kraft Foods, Mondelez International, Inc, The Kellogg Company, The Procter & Gamble Company.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Savory Snacks sector in Turkey is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% in value terms during 2016-2021.
- Processed Snacks is the largest market in both value and volume terms in the Turkish Savory Snacks sector.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel, followed by Convenience Stores.
- Tadim is the leading brand in both value and volume terms in Turkey's Savory Snacks sector.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the Turkish Savory Snacks sector.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Savory Snacks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.