Europe Lawn Mower Market - Comprehensive Study and Strategic Analysis 2022-2027
The Europe lawn mower market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.46% during 2022-2027
The research report offers revenue forecasts and insights in terms of unit volumes during the forecast period. In 2021, Europe accounted for nearly 35% of the global lawn mowers market, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.46% during the forecast period. The market is expected to witness the sale of 16484 thousand units of lawn mowers in Europe in 2027. The growth is attributed to the increasing construction of public gardens, parks, and commercial business complexes across various European countries. In addition, the high penetration of green spaces in Northern and Western Europe supports the demand for lawn mowers in the European market. However, in Eastern & Central Europe, the market will witness sluggish demand in the residential segment because of the low popularity of garden and lawn beautification among households.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EUROPE LAWN MOWER MARKET:
- In terms of volume, walk-behind lawn mowers dominate the Europe lawn mower market and are growing at a CAGR of 5.74% from 2021 to 2027.
- The residential segment is expected to add USD 2,566.53 million to the European lawn mowers market during the forecast period.
- The revenue from the gasoline-powered lawn mowers is expected to reach USD 9.5 billion by 2027 due to their high power and suitability for thick and tall grass.
- In 2021, the UK led the Europe lawn mower market in value and volume. UK's dominant share is attributed to its large population base leading to the penetration of many golf courses, higher demand for landscaping services from the residential and commercial sector, and concentration of many international hotels & motels with properties spread over acres of land consisting of large lawns & gardens across the country.
With sustainable practices integrated into landscapes in Europe, significant innovations in battery technology are expected to grow more than ever. Therefore, lithium-ion technologies are anticipated to grow at a rapid pace. The sustainability directives have also given rise to the mulching trend. It enables sustainable soil fertilization and relieves the operator from the inconvenience of gathering grass. Vendors are thus adding mulching capabilities to their mowers which is projected to support the market growth.
The increasing government initiatives to regulate the noise levels encourage the vendors to launch new models with additional features. For instance, Directive 2000/14/EC of the European Commission has set various regulations and guidelines for the noise emissions of outdoor equipment, leading to the development of lawnmowers with lower noise emissions in the European market.
The high gasoline prices in various European countries such as Norway, Finland, Iceland, and others due to the Russia and Ukraine conflict is expected to hamper the demand for gasoline-based lawn mowers in the respective markets. However, the government's efforts to reduce the fuel prices by cutting down the tax rates are likely to reduce the impact on the gasoline-based lawn mowers market.
Several European countries have witnessed the growing popularity of artificial turf among consumers in recent years. Moreover, soccer fields across Europe have already started using artificial grass, which will hinder the growth of professional lawn mowers in the market. According to Arizton Advisory and Intelligence's global artificial turf market report, the industry is growing at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2022 to 2027.
The offline distribution channel dominated the market, accounting for a revenue share of 62.39% in 2021, and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to high customer preference to comprehend the functionalities and uses of the product before making the final purchase. The entry of traditional garden equipment manufacturers into the market has increased the sale of lawn mowers through offline channels such as specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. Although the trend of selling these devices online is rising, a significant share of lawn mower distribution takes place through specialty stores.
Segmentation by Product
Segmentation by Fuel Type
- Electric Cordless
- Electric Corded
Segmentation by End-User
- Professional Landscaping Services
- Golf Courses & Other Sports Arenas
- Government & Others
Segmentation by Drive Type
Segmentation by Start Type
- Key Start
- Push Start
- Recoil Start
- No Start
Segmentation by Blade Type
- Standard Blades
- Mulching Blades
- Lifting Blades
- Cylinder Blades
Segmentation by Distribution Channel
Segmentation by Region
GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES TO EXPAND GREEN AREAS:
- In recent years, green cities such as Berlin have gained political traction with governments to improve green infrastructure. There is also a movement against the privatization of land so that it can be developed into green spaces. All these factors are resulting in a spike in the sales of gardening equipment over the past few years.
- The Italian government has taken a range of economic steps, such as the Green Reward program, intended to boost the country's lawnmowers industry. Moreover, Milan is "going green" to counter climate change and promote the quality of life of its 1.4 million residents by 2030, thus offering significant growth prospects to Italy's lawn mowers market.
- The Government of Austria is increasingly taking initiatives to boost the green cover across the country. For instance, in 2021, Milton (a village in Austria) planned more than USD 4 million in investments to construct public parks and expand its shared outdoor spaces.
- Non-profit organizations and governments have taken up various projects to increase the green space in cities. For instance, Basel in Switzerland has made green spaces a legal requirement in new buildings.
EUROPE LAWN MOWER MARKET TRENDS & OPPORTUNITIES
Growing Home Ownership & Home Improvement
- Due to the high-income levels and high standard of living, the demand for single residential ownership is growing. The rising number of single residentials leads to the expansion of the residential sector and lawn areas across various housing units.
- Countries like Poland, Norway, Spain, and Italy have high homeownership rates. Hence, the penetration rate of separate lawns is expected to be higher in such countries, driving the demand for lawnmowers.
- Home improvement and renovation is one of the key trends leading to the expansion of lawn areas in various households. The expenditure on patios and gardens as part of home improvement is expanding, thereby offering a potential market for the development of landscaping services and hence the demand for lawn mowers.
- Rising penetration of Robotic Lawn Mowers
- Robotic lawnmowers are increasingly gaining momentum in the European market, supporting the overall growth of the Europe lawn mowers market.
- The high awareness about smart technologies and increasing demand for technology-driven products boost the robotic lawn mowers market across various European countries.
- The low operating and maintenance cost coupled with the lower emissions leads to the surge in sales of robotic lawn mowers.
Husqvarna Group, KUBOTA Corporation, Stanley, Black & Decker, STIGA Group, and The Toro Company are some of the leading players dominating the Europe lawn mowers market. The market competition is expected to intensify further with increased product extensions, growth in technological innovations, and mergers and acquisitions. A rise in product/service expansions, technical advancements, and M&As are expected to exacerbate industry competitiveness further. Arizton assumes that international players will develop inorganically in the future by acquiring regional or local players. Several companies are also shifting their policy towards expansion and profitable growth to realize the full potential of market leadership.
- ARIENS CO
- Deere & Co.
- Husqvarna Group
- Kubota Corporation
- Robert Bosch
- Stanley Black & Decker
- STIGA Group
- The Toro Company
Other Prominent Vendors
- Alfred Karcher SE & Co. KG
- AL-KO Gardentech
- Bobcat Company
- Briggs & Stratton
- Chervon Group
- COBRA GARDEN
- Einhell Germany AG
- Emak S.p.A
- Generac Power Systems
- Greenworks Tools
- Grey Technology
- Hangzhou Favor Robot Technology CO, Ltd
- IHI Shibaura Machinery Corporation
- LG Electronics
- Milagrow HumanTech
- Ningbo NGP Industry Co., Ltd.
- SUMEC Group Corp.
- Techtronic Industries
- Textron Incorporated
- The Grasshopper Company
- The Kobi Company
- WIPER SRL
- Zipper Maschinen GmbH
- ZHEJIANG TIANCHEN INTELLIGENCE & TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
- Zucchetti Centro Sistemi S.p.a
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. HOW BIG IS THE EUROPE LAWN MOWERS MARKET?
2. WHAT IS THE GROWTH RATE OF THE EUROPE LAWN MOWERS MARKET?
3. WHO ARE THE KEY PLAYERS IN THE EUROPE LAWN MOWERS MARKET?
4. WHAT ARE THE LATEST TRENDS IN THE EUROPE LAWN MOWERS MARKET?
5. WHICH COUNTRY IN EUROPE HOLDS THE LARGEST SHARE IN THE LAWN MOWERS MARKET?