Global Defibrillators Market (By Product Types, End Users, Regions), Key Company Profiles - Forecast to 2025
The global defibrillator market is expected to exceed US$ 15 Billion by 2025. Defibrillators are devices used to deliver therapeutic high energy electric shock to a patient’s heart in life-threatening conditions such as cardiac arrhythmia, pulseless ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation. The growth of the defibrillator market can be attributed to factors such as technological advancements in the field of defibrillators, growing geriatric population with high risk of target diseases, increasing incidences of cardiovascular diseases and increasing number of training and awareness programs across the globe. However, the risks related to usage of implantable and mechanical external defibrillators are the major challenges for the growth of defibrillators market.
Global Defibrillator Market & Forecast - By Products
Global Defibrillator Market & Forecast - By End Users
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) accounted for highest share of the overall defibrillator market in 2018.
- The transvenous implantable cardioverter defibrillators (T-ICDs) segment accounted for lion’s share of the overall ICDs market.
- The global subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillators (S-ICDs) market is expected to surpass US$ 500 Million mark by 2025.
- In October 2012, Boston Scientific Corporation launched the world’s first subcutaneous ICD in the global market.
- Advanced life support (ALS) defibrillators is the second largest product segment.
- Wearable cardioverter defibrillators market is slated to witness a strong growth owing to rapidly growing geriatric population.
- Automated External Defibrillators captured between 8-11% share of the overall defibrillators market in 2018.
Global Defibrillator Market & Forecast - By Region
- Hospitals held more than 85% share of the overall defibrillator market by end-user segment.
- The pre-hospital segment is likely to capture over 3% share of the overall defibrillators market by 2025.
- The public access market is likely to observe maximum growth rate, as the developed countries such as the U.S. and the UK are making it mandatory for certain public places to store and maintain Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
- The alternate care medical facilities have been slow to install defibrillator devices or even accept the need for them.
- North America currently holds majority of the defibrillators market and is expected to maintain its position throughout the forecast period.
- Globally, Europe stands as the second largest market for defibrillators.
- European countries such as Italy and France passed legislation laws in 2001 and 2007 respectively, authorizing the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) by a layperson.
- Asia-Pacific defibrillators market is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- In the Middle East & Africa region, Saudi Arabia and UAE led the defibrillators market due to modernization of healthcare infrastructure in these countries.
iGATE RESEARCH report titled “Global Defibrillators Market (By Product Types, End Users, Regions), Key Company Profiles - Forecast to 2025” provides a comprehensive analysis of the Global Defibrillators Market. This 96 Page report with 52 Figures and 8 Tables has been analyzed from 7 View Points:
1) Global Defibrillator Market and Forecast (2011 - 2025)
2) Global Defibrillator Market Share & Forecast (2011 - 2025)
3) By Products - Global Defibrillator Market & Forecast (2011 - 2025)
4) By End Users - Global Defibrillator Market & Forecast (2011 - 2025)
5) By Region - Global Defibrillator Market & Forecast (2011 - 2025)
6) Global Defibrillator Market - Key Company Profiles
7) Global Defibrillator Market - Growth Drivers & ChallengesGlobal Defibrillator Market & Forecast - By Product Types
1. Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
2. Automated External Defibrillators
- Transvenous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (T-ICDs)
- Single-Chamber ICDs
- Dual-Chamber ICDs
- Biventricular ICDs/Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillators (CRT-Ds)
- Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (S-ICDs)
3. Advanced Life Support Defibrillators
4. Wearable Cardioverter DefibrillatorsGlobal Defibrillator Market & Forecast - By End Users
3. Public Access Market
4. Alternate Care Market
5. Home HealthcareGlobal Defibrillator Market & Forecast - By Region
1. North America
3. Asia Pacific
4. Middle East & Africa
5. Latin AmericaGlobal Defibrillator Market – Key Company Profiles, Financial Insights
1. Medtronic plc
2. Boston Scientific Corporation
3. Philips Healthcare
4. St. Jude Medical Inc.
5. Nihon Kohden Corporation
6. Zoll Medical (Asahi Kasei Corporation)Data Source
iGATE RESEARCH employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports. This report is built by using data and information sourced from Proprietary Information Database, Primary and Secondary Research Methodologies, and In house analysis by iGATE Research dedicated team of qualified professionals with deep industry experience and expertise. Research Methodologies
Primary Research Methodologies:
Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.Secondary Research Methodologies:
Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government and NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries and Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.