Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in the UK 2016
This report is a thorough analysis of UK Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in UK.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
- Independent market sizing of UK HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2011-2015)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in UK 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 125,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able to obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
- UK HNWIs held 31.3% (US$863.5 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$1.0 trillion by 2020, accounting for 26.9% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- Latin America accounted for 31.7% of UK HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by Europe with 26.9%, the Asia-Pacific with 23.6%, North America with 12.8%, the Middle East with 3.3%, and Africa with 1.8%.
- UK HNWI allocations to Latin America increased rapidly compared with other regions during the review period; from 12.3% in 2011 to 31.7% in 2015.
- WealthInsight expects HNWIs to increase their level of investment in Latin America over the forecast period, to reach 45.8% of foreign HNWI assets by 2020.
- Details of this Report
- Table HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Executive Summary
- UK Key Facts
- Distribution of Wealth in UK
- HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic Private Banks
- Foreign Private Banks
- Wealth Managers
- Family Offices
- Key Drivers
- GBP-US$ Exchange Rate
- Table UK Exchange Rate - GBP-US$ Exchange Rate, 2011-2020
- Real GDP Growth
- Table UK Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
- Per Capita GDP
- Table UK GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
- Domestic Market Capitalization
- Table UK Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Commodity Index
- Table UK Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Inflows and Outflows
- Table UK Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Inflation Rate
- Table UK Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Interest Rates
- Table UK Money Market Rates (%), 2011-2020
- Balance of Payments
- Table UK Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Government Debt
- Table UK Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
- Stock Market Performance
- Table UK Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
- Wealth Breakdowns
- Table UK HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
- Table UK - Appendix One
- Table UK - Appendix Two
- About WealthInsight