Lightside DIY 2016; Market size, market forecast and recommendations
The use of Lightside materials for DIY purposes is set for further growth in spend over the next few years, as consumers increasingly realise the value of investing in their homes, the housing market picks up, consumer finances improve, and the internet facilitates improvement in the average person’s DIY skills. However as finances improve there will be a growth in people hiring tradesmen which will limit growth. There will also be a rise in the number of online pure plays with Amazon and Ebay offering better prices and convenience, however despite this, Big Box Players will still dominate the market as they require specialist service and better product range. Additionally the market is hindered by Generation Rent with first time home owners getting older meaning younger generations are unlikely to spend a significant amount on Lightside DIY materials.
- More people inspired to conduct DIY Due to more understanding of the value conducting DIY can have to a home thanks to TV shows and the media emphasizing the benefits, more people are motivated to conduct DIY and home improvement projects.
- Slower housing market sees people less settled in their home therefore less willing to spend big money on them. Many consumers want to move home in the long term, but a slow housing market is meaning they are unable to move as quickly as they would like. This is leading to people holding off on big DIY spends and instead working on tighter budgets until housing transactions pick up.
- More people enjoying DIY. Greater awareness of the benefits of DIY is leading to increasing consumer enjoyment of the activity. Additionally the end reward in mind for having completed the work (namely increasing the value of a property) can add to an individual’s enjoyment alongside consumers’ confidence in conducting DIY increasing with YouTube and Wikihow delivering clear instructions online.
- As finances pick up others are turning to tradesmen For some consumers, growing awareness of the value gained through home improvement does not equate to a boost in the DIY sector, and instead some are hiring tradesmen. This looks set to increase as peoples financial position improves.
“Lightside DIY”, a Home Retail Series by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the Lightside DIY market today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Lightside DIY market, analysing key trends in the market based upon a recent survey conducted in February 2016.It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
Reasons To Buy
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for Lightside DIY in the UK.
- Market value and forecast; a look at the total market value and forecast value for Lightside DIY market in the UK.
- Summary of main influences; an overview on the factors driving the evolution of the Lightside DIY market.
- This Home Retail Series report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Lightside DIY market based on insights from within Verdict’s proprietary aftermarket database and consumer insight from our bespoke annual survey.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging Lightside DIY market.
- THE MARKET
- THE RETAILERS
- THE CONSUMER