Zimbabwe’s Mining Fiscal Regime: H2 2015
Timetric’s Zimbabwean fiscal regime report outlines governing bodies, laws, licenses, rights, obligations and tax-related information for six commodities: coal, copper, gold, nickel, diamond and platinum.
Timetric's fiscal regime report covers Zimbabwe, which is rich in mineral resources such as gold, nickel, copper, zinc, lead and minerals used in industrial processes (limestone, phosphate and dolomite). The country has platinum group mineral (PGM) resources.
The report outlines governing bodies, laws, licenses, rights, obligations and key fiscal terms which includes royalty, corporate income tax, capital gains tax, withholding tax, fiscal incentives, customs and excise incentives, loss carry forward and value added tax (VAT)
Reasons To Buy
Gain an overview of Zimbabwe’s mining fiscal regime
- Ministry of Mines and Mining Development was established to facilitate and regulate sustainable mining, value add and the marketing of the country’s mineral resources.
- The Environmental Management Agency is responsible for the protection of the environment and ensuring the sustainable management of natural resources.
- The Mines and Mineral Act chapter 21:05 of 1996 governs the mining sector in Zimbabwe.
- The Gold Trade Act deals with the permit and license grants process for gold mining.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Table The Mining Industry in Zimbabwe - Fiscal Regime Terms and Other Taxes (%), 2015
- THE ZIMBABWEAN MINING INDUSTRY - GOVERNING BODIES
- Ministry of Mines and Mining Development
- Minerals Marketing Authority of Zimbabwe (MMCZ)
- Environmental Management Agency
- THE ZIMBABWEAN MINING INDUSTRY - GOVERNING LAWS
- Mines and Minerals Act
- Base Minerals Export Control Act
- The Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation Act
- Gold Trade Act
- THE ZIMBABWEAN MINING INDUSTRY - MINING REGULATIONS
- Ordinary or Special Prospecting License
- Exclusive Prospecting License
- Mining Lease and Special Mining Lease
- Special Grant
- THE ZIMBABWEAN MINING INDUSTRY - RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- THE ZIMBABWEAN MINING INDUSTRY - KEY FISCAL TERMS
- Table The Mining Industry in Zimbabwe - Royalty Rates (%), 2015
- Corporate Income Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Withholding Tax
- Fiscal Incentives
- Customs and Excise Incentives
- Rebate of duty on goods for the mining industry
- Rebate of duty on goods for the prospecting and research for mineral deposits
- Rebate of duty on goods imported in terms of an agreement entered into pursue a mining lease
- Loss Carry Forward
- Value Added Tax
- THE ZIMBABWEAN MINING INDUSTRY - FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS
- Secondary Research
- Primary Research
- Contact Timetric
- About Timetric
- Timetric's Services