DOTC – Davao Airport Expansion – Davao - Project Profile
"DOTC – Davao Airport Expansion – Davao - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "DOTC – Davao Airport Expansion – Davao - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
The Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) plans to expand in Davao, the Philippines.
The project involves the expansion of the Davao Airport. The project includes the construction of an apron area, a parallel taxiway and other related infrastructure, and the expansion of a 60,000m2 passenger terminal building, a 14,000m2 cargo terminal building, an administration building and car parking spaces.
In January 2015, DOTC issued bids for Operations, Maintenance, and Development of the project (second bundle).
The selected developer will undertake the operation and maintenance of the airport as well as provide additional facilities and other necessary improvements to enhance passenger safety, security, access, passenger and cargo movement efficiency, and operational efficiency under a defined concession period.
DOTC shortlisted five consortium includes:
1. Filinvest-Jatco-Sojitz Consortium comprised of Filinvest Development Corporation; Japan Airport Terminal Co., Ltd; Sojitz Corporation.
2. GMR Infrastructure and Megawide Consortium comprised of Megawide Construction Corporation; GMR Infrastructure (Singapore) Pte. Limited (GISPL).
3. Maya Consortium comprised of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc; VINCI Airports SAS.
4. Philippine Airports Consortium comprised of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation; Philippines Airport Management Company.
5. SMHC-IIAC Airport Consortium comprised of San Miguel Holdings Corporation; Incheon International Airport Corporation.
On November 14, 2016, the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) approved the unbundling of their airport PPP deals.
On January 24, 2017, DOTC issued invitation to pre-qualify and bid (ITPQB) to previously pre-qualified bidders and new companies. The bidding will be conducted through a two stage system under the Build Operate and Transfer Law. Pre-qualified bidders may proceed to the next stage of the bidding process, wherein the pre-qualified bidders need to submit their technical and financial proposals.
In May 2017, DOTC terminated the tender process and the project is not proceeding with PPP process and decided to be implemented in the public funding mode.
DOTC has decided to implement in PPP process.
Planning activities are underway.
The project involves the expansion of Davao Airport in Davao, the Philippines.
The US$822 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of an apron area
2. Construction of a parallel taxiway
3. Expansion of a 60,000m2 passenger terminal building
4. Expansion of a 14,000m2 cargo terminal building
5. Expansion of an administration building
6. Expansion of car parking facilities
7. Construction of related facilities
Reasons To Buy
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook