DAA – Dublin Airport Runway Upgrade – Leinster - Project Profile
"DAA – Dublin Airport Runway Upgrade – Leinster - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "DAA – Dublin Airport Runway Upgrade – Leinster - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
Dublin Airport Authority plc (DAA) is undertaking the upgrade of a runway at the airport in Ireland.
The project involves the construction of a 3.1km new runway and the upgrade of the existing runways.
It includes the upgrade of construction as follows:
Reasons To Buy
- full resurfacing of 2,637m long runway 10/28 with three new layers of asphalt
- airfield taxiway rehabilitation
- the upgrade of airfield lighting and taxiway AGL
- airfield infrastructure for large aircraft
- runway line up point 10 end
- taxiway signage re-designation in the vicinity of runway 10/28 and associated taxiways.
It also includes the construction of better viewing areas, security fencing, water mains and the demolition of derelict structures, and the installation of new LED ground lighting systems for the runway, and safety and security systems.
Construction works will be implemented in phases comprising upgrading works will be completed in the first phase and the construction of a new runway in the second phase.
On August 8, 2016, a tender was issued for a design-build contract with a submission deadline of September 5, 2016.
A joint venture of Lagan Construction and Clare Civil Engineering has been appointed as a construction contractor for the resurfacing and upgrades to existing runways.
On November 14, 2016, resurfacing works commenced on the existing runways.
December 2016, Enabling works for a new runway commenced.
The contractor for the new runway is expected to be appointed in the second quarter of 2017.
Construction works on the new runway are expected to be commenced in the first quarter of 2018 and anticipate for competition by 2020.
The project involves the construction and upgrade of the runways at Dublin Airport in Ireland.
The US$342 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of 3.1km runway
2. Rehabilitation of Airfield taxiway
3. Overlay of runway 10/28
4. Upgrade of airfield lights and taxiway AGL
5. Installation of safety and security systems
- Gain insight into the project.
- Monitor the latest project developments.
- Identify key project contacts.
- 1.Key Statistics
- 2.Key Dates
- 4.Tender Information
- 7.Latest update
- 9.Key Contacts
- 10.General News, Project News