Timetric's 'Coal Mining in India to 2020' report comprehensively covers Indian reserves of coal, resources by state, grade and formation, proximate analysis of coal, the historic and forecast data on Indian coal production and production by grade, type and mining method, production by state, coal prices, historic and forecast coal consumption, consumption vs electricity generation from coal, consumption by type and coal imports and imports by country.
The report also includes factors affecting demand for coal, profiles of major coal producing companies and information on the active, exploration and development coal projects.
The fiscal regime section provides information about the country’s regulatory authority, laws, licenses and other fiscal regime information such as taxes, rates and other charges applicable to the mining of the commodity in the country. It is an essential tool for companies active in Indian mining, and for new competitors considering entering the industry.
India ranked fifth after the US, Russia, China and Australia, with proven coal reserves of 60.6 billion tonnes (Bnt) at the end of 2014, accounting for 6.8% of global reserves.
Anthracite and bituminous accounted for 92.5%, or 56.1Bnt, while the remaining 7.5% (4.5Bnt) was made up of sub-bituminous and lignite grades.
Indian coal has high ash content in the range of 35–50%, moisture content in the range of 4–20%, low sulfur content of 0.2–0.7%, and low calorific value between 2,500–5,000 kcal/kg.
The report contains an overview of the Indian coal mining industry together with the key factors affecting the industry and demand for the commodity.
It provides information about reserves, reserves by state and formation, proximate analysis of coal, historic production and production forecast, production by grade, type and mining method, historic and forecast coal consumption, consumption by type and imports, coal prices, the competitive landscape and active, exploration and development coal projects.
Reasons To Buy
Gain an understanding of the Indian coal mining industry, its reserves, resources by state, grade and formation, proximate analysis of coal, historic and forecast production, production by grade, type and mining method, coal prices, historic and forecast coal consumption vs electricity generated from coal, consumption by type, coal imports, demand drivers, active, exploration and development projects, the competitive landscape, and the country's fiscal regime.
In terms of coal production, India was globally the third-largest producer with 618.5 million tonnes (Mt) in 2014, a growth of 1.4% from the 610Mt recorded in 2013.
Indian coal consumption was 780.7Mt in 2014; up by 6% from 736.5Mt in 2013. This rise was mainly driven by demand from the power sector, which was the single largest consumer in 2014.
Despite having one of the world’s major coal reserves, India still relies heavily on coal imports as demand exceeds supply. Coal imports increased from 168.4 Mt in 2013 to 170Mt in 2014, with much of it coming from Indonesia, Australia and South Africa.