UAE Electric Vehicle Market, By Vehicle Type (Two-Wheeler, Passenger Car, LCV, M&HCV, OTR), By Propulsion (BEV, HEV, PHEV, FCEV), By Range (0-50 Miles, 51-150 Miles, 151-200 Miles, 201-400 Miles, Above 400 Miles), By Battery Capacity (<50 kWh, 51–100 kWh, 101–200 kWh, 201-300 kWh, Above 300 kWh), By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2017-2027
UAE electric vehicle market is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing government support to develop the supportive charging infrastructural and stringent measures to reduce vehicular emissions. Growing environmental awareness among consumers and the launch of new and advanced electric vehicle models with varying battery capacity, mileage, seating capacity, color, price, and other specifications in the market are further expected to drive the growth of the UAE electric vehicle market. High-end investments for research and development by the market players to develop innovative models and improve the existing ones with the latest technologies are anticipated to fuel market growth. Increasing consumer awareness regarding the use of clean energy vehicles and the presence of a large number of electric vehicle charging stations are expected to propel the UAE electric vehicle market growth. Under the “Green Charger” initiative, the UAE government has planned to build charging stations to further enhance the electric vehicle charging stations.
The UAE electric vehicle market is segmented into vehicle type, propulsion, range, battery capacity, regional distribution, and competitive landscape. Based on vehicle type, the market is divided into two-wheeler, passenger car, LCV, M&HCV, and OTR. The passenger car segment is expected to dominate the UAE electric vehicle market due to strong government support for passenger EVs, strict emission regulations, and various subsidies, grants, and incentives providing for shifting to EVs. Based on propulsion, the market is divided into BEV, HEV, PHEV, and FCEV. The HEV segment is expected to hold the largest share in the UAE electric vehicle market owing to greater demand for battery electric vehicles due to greater advancements in battery technology and declining prices of these vehicles.
Hyundai Motor Company, Tesla, Inc., Volkswagen Motor Company LTM, General Motors Company, Groupe Renault, BMW AG, Ford Motor Company, One Moto Technologies LTD, Rivian, LLC, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation, among others, are some of the major players in the UAE electric vehicle market.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2017-2020
Base Year: 2021
Estimated Year: 2022E
Forecast Period: 2023F–2027F
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast market size of the UAE electric vehicle market, in terms of value and volume.
- To define, classify and forecast the UAE electric vehicle market on the basis of vehicle type, propulsion, range, battery capacity, company and regional distribution.
- To identify tailwinds and headwinds for the UAE electric vehicle market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, supply contracts, and mergers & acquisitions in the UAE electric vehicle market.
- To evaluate competitor pricing, average market selling prices and trends in the UAE electric vehicle market.
- To strategically profile the leading players, which are involved in the supply of electric vehicles in market.
TechSci Research performed primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of electric vehicle manufacturers and suppliers in UAE. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research.
TechSci Research calculated the market size for the UAE electric vehicle market using a bottom-up approach. TechSci Research sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives, and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company annual reports, white papers, investor presentations and financial reports were also used by the TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Electric vehicle manufacturers
- Research organizations and consulting companies
- Associations, organizations, and alliances related to electric vehicles
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Industry associations
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as electric vehicle manufacturers, distributors, dealers and policy makers, which market segments should be targeted over the coming years (next five years) in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, UAE electric vehicle market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- UAE Electric Vehicle Market, By Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Car
- UAE Electric Vehicle Market, By Propulsion:
- UAE Electric Vehicle Market, By Range:
- 0-50 Miles
- 51-150 Miles
- 151-200 Miles
- 201-400 Miles
- Above 400 Miles
- UAE Electric Vehicle Market, By Battery Capacity:
- <50 kWh
- 51–100 kWh
- 101–200 kWh
- 201-300 kWh
- Above 300 kWh
- UAE Electric Vehicle Market, By Region:
- Abu Dhabi
- Rest of UAE
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in UAE electric vehicle market.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
1.Hyundai Motor Company
3.Volkswagen Motor Company LTM
4.General Motors Company
7.Ford Motor Company
8.One Moto Technologies LTD.
10.Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus CorporationPlease Note:
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order. Single User license will be delivered in PDF format without