Saudi Arabia Solar Power Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2020
Saudi Arabia consumes a large amount of fossil fuels to meet its domestic energy requirements, with transportation and power sectors being the largest consumers of crude oil in the country. Over the couple of decades, consumption of crude oil in Saudi Arabia has increased significantly due to rising power demand on account of increasing urbanization and industrialization. However, considering future energy requirements and concerns associated with increasing domestic oil consumption, Government of Saudi Arabia has announced a Renewable Energy Program involving an overall investment of USD109 billion to generate electricity from renewable energy sources. Being located within the equatorial Sunbelt and receiving abundant solar radiation throughout the year, Saudi Arabia offers immense potential for solar power generation.
According to “Saudi Arabia Solar Power Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, solar power market in Saudi Arabia isprojected to witness phenomenal growth over the next five years. In the coming years, solar energy would be generated in the country by employing both photovoltaic (PV) technology and concentrated solar power (CSP) technology. According to the government’s Renewable Energy Program, 54 GW of renewable energy capacity would be installed by 2032, which includes 41 GW of solar energy capacity. “Saudi Arabia Solar Power Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” report elaborates following particulars about the solar power market in Saudi Arabia:
- Saudi Arabia Solar Power Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of solar power market in Saudi Arabia.
- To identify on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years.
- To help industry consultants, solar energy producers, vendors and dealers to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included surveys with key stakeholders associated with solar power industry. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Printing is not available on single-user licenses.
1. Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd.
2. Canadian Solar Inc.
3. Solar Frontier K.K
5. ReneSola Ltd.
6. Phoenix Solar AG
7. Sun & Life
8. SunPower Corporation
9. Abengoa S.A.
10. National Solar Systems LLC
- 1. Research Methodology
- 2. Analyst View
- 3. Product Overview
- 4. Global Solar Power Market Outlook
- 5. Saudi Arabia Power Sector Outlook
- 6. Saudi Arabia Solar Power Market Outlook
- 6.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 6.1.1. By Value
- 7. Saudi Arabia Solar Photovoltaic Market Outlook
- 7.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 7.1.1. By Value
- 8. Saudi Arabia Concentrated Solar Power Market Outlook
- 8.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 8.1.1. By Value
- 9. Market Dynamics
- 9.1. Drivers
- 9.2. Challenges
- 10. Market Trends and Developments
- 10.1. Declining Cost of PV Systems
- 10.2. Use of Solar Energy for Water Desalination
- 10.3. Large Utility Scale Solar Power Plants
- 10.4. Concentrated Solar Power
- 10.5. Growing Trend towards Renewables
- 11. Import Analysis
- 12. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- 13. Saudi Arabia Economic Profile
- 14. Competitive Landscape
- 14.1. Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd.
- 14.2. Canadian Solar Inc.
- 14.3. Solar Frontier K.K
- 14.4. Soitec
- 14.5. ReneSola Ltd.
- 14.6. Phoenix Solar AG
- 14.7. Sun & Life
- 14.8. SunPower Corporation
- 14.9. Abengoa S.A.
- 14.10. National Solar Systems LLC
- 15. Strategic Recommendations
- List of Figures
- Figure 1:Global Solar Power Installed, By Capacity, 2010 – 2020F (GW)
- Figure 2:Global Photovoltaic Solar Power Installed, By Capacity, 2010 – 2020F (GW)
- Figure 3:Global Concentrated Solar Power Installed, By Capacity, 2010 – 2020F (GW)
- Figure 4:Fuel Types Used in Electricity Production, 2013
- Figure 5:Saudi Arabia Electricity Consumption, By Sector, 2013
- Figure 6: Saudi Arabia Power Generation, By Company, 2013
- Figure 7:Saudi Arabia Impact of Renewable Power on Fossil Fuel, 2013-2032
- Figure 8:Saudi Arabia Solar Power Market Size, By Value, 2015E–2020F (USD Million)
- Figure 9:Saudi Arabia Photovoltaic (PV) Market Size, By Value, 2015E–2020F (USD Million)
- Figure 10:Saudi Arabia Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market Size, By Value, 2016–2020F (USD Million)
- Figure 11:Saudi Arabia Horizontal Solar Radiation Map
- Figure 12:Saudi Arabia Renewable Energy Targets, 2014-2032 (MW)
- Figure 13: Saudi Arabia Oil & Gas Production and Consumption Trend, 2000, 2010 & 2020E (Million Metric Tons)
- Figure 14:Competitive Procurement Round Process
- Figure 15:Canadian Solar Inc., Financial Analysis, 2009-2013
- Figure 16:Soitec, Financial Analysis, 2010-2014
- Figure 17:ReneSola Ltd., Financial Analysis, 2010-2013
- Figure 18:Phoenix Solar AG, Financial Analysis, 2009-2013
- Figure 19:SunPower Corporation, Financial Analysis, 2009-2013
- Figure 20:Abengoa S.A., Financial Analysis, 2010-2014
- List of Tables
- Table 1:Comparisons of Fuel Prices Paid by Electricity Producers in the Saudi Arabia with International Prices, 2013
- Table 2: Saudi Arabia Electricity Industry Outlook
- Table 3:Saudi Arabia Power Generation, By Company, 2013
- Table 4:Saudi Arabia Solar Power Projects Commissioned/Announced
- Table 5:Comparison of PV and CSP Technology
- Table 6:Solar Technology Cost Comparison in Saudi Arabia, 2012
- Table 7:Power Reduction Rate for Different Types of PV Due to Temperature
- Table 8:Saudi Arabia Desalination Water Production Cost, By Technology, By Energy Source, 2012
- Table 9:Saudi Arabia Import of Photosensitive Semi-conductor Devices, Country-Wise, By Value, 2008 - 2012 (USD Thousand)
- Table 10:Saudi Arabia Target Power Capacities, 2032
- Table 11:Saudi Arabia Solar Power Technology Specific Targets (MW)
- Table 12:KACARE Competitive Procurement Process (CPP) Key Features
- Table 13:Competitive Matrix, 2014