Medium to Medium-Heavy [Class 4 to 7] Vocational Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America: Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels, & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Medium-Heavy Vocational Work Trucks in North America. 2017 Market Size & Share Estimates and 2018 – 2022 Outlook
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the business of fabricating medium and medium-heavy duty Class 4 to Class 7 truck bodies for vocational applications. Over 400 companies, in 15 key end-use application segments, were examined for inclusion in the study.
Market size and share estimates, in units and dollars, are provided for each of the following Class 4 to Class 7 truck/body types:
• Beverage Truck Bodies
• Chipper Truck Bodies
• Dump Truck Bodies
• Fire Apparatus
• Flatbed Truck Bodies
• Hoists and Roll-offs
• Lube Truck Bodies
• Refuse Truck Bodies
• Road Construction Trucks
• Service, Utility, Crane Truck Bodies
• Street Sweepers
• Tank Truck Bodies
• Tow Trucks and Car Carriers
• Vacuum Tank Truck Bodies
• Van Bodies
The outcome of the vocational use of final vehicles rests in the hands of scores of small to large fabricators in North America. These range from one-segment specialists to larger corporations that cover more than one type of truck body for mounting on dedicated chassis.
Increasingly the larger players see their capabilities in any one segment as being applicable for diversification into additional body types. For example, van body manufacturers see service truck bodies as a contiguous area for expansion. Further, traditional truck trailer manufacturers are moving into truck body production, particularly van bodies, in an attempt to provide fuller coverage of vehicles targeted towards Last Mile deliveries.
SpecialtyTransportation.net has pioneered independent study of various body fabrication areas, long neglected for analysis in understanding the final vocational truck. This report provides a vista view of the medium-duty Class 4 – Class 6 and heavy-duty Class 7 segments of the industry, from the standpoint of where the truck chassis is applied in the delivery chain from truck manufacturer to body fabricator to final customer.
The report is provided in three parts:
• Part I: Summary brings together the fifteen truck/body segments examined in the report to provide consolidated market size and shares, as well as units and dollar estimates for all manufacturers engaged in fabrication of bodies which are mounted on medium-duty Class 4-6 and heavy-duty Class 7 vocational/straight chassis.
• Part II: Analysis presents market size and competitive analysis on fifteen truck/body types which are mounted on Class 4 to Class 7 straight truck/vocational chassis.
• Part III: Data Tables provides Excel spreadsheets for the various tables included in the report.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook