Global and China Fixed-route Autonomous Vehicle Research Report, 2016
Frankly, there is still a long way to go to achieve autonomous driving on complicated urban roads. However, mature technologies and solutions are available for autonomous driving in a relatively closed environment or on fixed routes.
Globally, governments, together with enterprises and research institutes, have launched a lot of such projects over the last two years. For example, the Netherlands, Japan, and Dubai have started testing and planned to put them into operation.
The Report does some statistics of and research into autonomous buses and projects in service/soon-to-be in service/planned-to-be in service.
Domestically, Baidu and OEMs (Chery and BAIC) are leading the development of relevant operation projects.
Scenic-spot vehicles and fixed-point/fixed-route autonomous vehicles are the autonomous vehicles that are mostly likely to be put into commercial application. The establishment and launching of these projects, to some extent, bolster confidence of every party in R&D and promotion of autonomous driving.
Please Note: PDF E-mail from Publisher purchase option allows up to 10 users and does not allow printing or editing. This functionality will require a Global Site License.
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Background and Definition
- 2 Major Enterprises and Auto Models
- 2.1 EasyMile (EZ10)
- 2.1.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 2.1.2 WEpod Project in the Netherlands
- 2.1.3 Citymobil Project
- 2.1.4 Autonomous Bus Project in Japan
- 2.1.5 Autonomous Bus Project in Dubai
- 2.2 Navya (Arma)
- 2.2.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 2.2.2 Autonomous Bus Project in Switzerland
- 2.3 Local Motors (Olli)
- 2.3.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 2.3.2 Testing Project in Washington, D.C.
- 2.4 RDM Group (Lutz)
- 2.4.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 2.5 Phoenix Wings (Meridian)
- 2.5.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 2.6 DFKI Robotics Innovation Center (EO 2)
- 2.6.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 2.7 Mercedes Benz (Future Bus)
- 2.7.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 2.8 Yutong (ZK6105)
- 2.8.1 Introduction to Auto Model
- 3 Relevant Testing Projects
- 3.1 Testing Projects Already Launched
- 3.1.1 First Domestic Public-orientated Autonomous Driving Special Line Came into Service in Wuhan
- 3.1.2 Autonomous Capsule Tested in London
- 3.1.3 Autonomous Bus Road Testing in Russia
- 3.2 Testing Projects to be Launched
- 3.2.1 Operational Areas of Fully Autonomous Car in Wuhu
- 3.2.2 Baidu and Wuzhen Tourism’s Co-construction of Scenic Spot for Operation of Driverless Car
- 3.2.3 Red Beach National Scenic Corridor Autonomous Driving Experience Project
- 3.3 Planned Testing Projects
- 3.3.1 Autonomous Capsule Car Deployed by Singapore Expected to Come on the Road at the End of This Year