Impact of Digital on Pharaceuticals Sector: 2019
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in Pharmaceuticals Sector: 2019” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the Pharmaceuticals sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Pharmaceuticals sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Pharmaceuticals sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Pharmaceuticals sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Pharmaceuticals sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Pharmaceuticals sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the Pharmaceuticals sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
Pharmaceutical organizations are looking to reduce operating costs and improve the efficiency of production to accelerate time to market driving them to identify, unprompted, the following key business priorities:
• Improve production efficiencies including moving to lower cost facilities and reducing downtime
• Increasing efficiency in the supply chain, procurement, and distribution
• Improve efficiency in R&D and new drug discovery.
Accordingly, pharmaceutical companies are:
• Identifying and pursuing digital initiatives to improve both production and R&D efficiency
• Adopting DevOps and modernizing applications landscapes to accelerate time to market
• Prioritizing the engagement of vendors with agile development, UX consulting capabilities and cloud-native development capabilities to implement cloud and SaaS solutions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook