Impact of Digital on Energy: 2019
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Impact of Digital on IT Services in Energy Sector: 2019” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the Energy sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target IT services (ITS) opportunities within the Energy sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the Energy sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The report analyzes the worldwide market for IT services within the Energy sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business priorities faced by organizations in the Energy sector?
• What IT initiatives are planned by organizations in the Energy sector?
• How relevant are digital initiatives to organizations in the Energy sector?
• What digital initiatives are planned by organizations in the Energy sector?
• What business areas are targeted for digital initiatives by organizations in the Energy sector?
• What digital technologies are planned to be introduced by organizations in the Energy sector?
• What are the key selection criteria used by organizations in the Energy sector to select suppliers to implement digital initiatives?
• What shifts in sourcing approach are expected by executives in the Energy sector over the next three years?
• How do companies in the Energy sector expect their spend on ITS services to change over the next three years?
Key Issues & Highlights
The key business priorities for energy companies are largely operational rather than administrative in nature. While energy companies are looking to reduce their administrative costs by improving workforce productivity, the two major business priorities identified unprompted by energy companies were:
• Improving production through reduced plant downtime and increased plant productivity
• Improving both their own and partner distribution networks and more accurately forecasting demand.
Accordingly, energy companies are:
• Identifying and pursuing digital initiatives to improve competitiveness through increased operational efficiency
• Adopting DevOps and modernizing applications landscapes to accelerate time to market
• Prioritizing the engagement of vendors with deep industry knowledge, UX consulting capabilities and cloud-native development capabilities to implement cloud and SaaS solutions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook