China Automated Material Handling Market - Segmented By Equipment Type, Product Type (Hardware, Software, Services), End-User Vertical (Automotive, General Manufacturing, Food & Beverage) - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The Chinese automated material handling market was valued at USD 7,396.02 million in 2017, and is expected to reach a value of USD 13,961.72 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 10.9% over the forecast period (2018 - 2023). The scope of the report is limited to equipment types offered by major players which include AS/RS, AGV, Conveyor, Palletizer, and Sortation Systems. The End-user verticals considered in the scope of the report include Automotive, General manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, Post & Parcel, Retail, and Airport.
China has been the largest market for the robotics industry since 2012, and the country shows no signs of a slowdown. In fact, the country is in the exact path of becoming a leader in technology and automation by 2020, as targeted by the country’s ‘Made in China 2025’ policies. In the current market scenario, more than 60% of China’s automation needs are met by foreign technology mostly supplied by European and US robots. Resilient backing from favorable government policies and rapid growth of e-commerce have significantly contributed to the growth of the AMH market in China. However, considerable issues regarding suitable staffing are hampering the growth of the market.
Favorable Government Initiatives Fuel the Growth for Automated Material Handling Systems
One of the significant factors driving the extreme growth of AMH Market in the country is the immense support from the Chinese government to the local manufacturers to implement automation solutions and install robots to achieve more productivity. In the recent times, the government also established several programs and incentives to encourage R&D development and innovation among the local robot manufacturers. Low-interest loans, tax relief, and land rental incentives stand to be top government incentives to the domestic manufacturers. Till date, the government’s efforts to develop the industry appear largely successful. Till March 2017, there were more than 800 companies in China, which were directly involved in the manufacturing of robots. By the end of 2017, there were over 6,500 companies relating to robotics
Automated Guided Vehicle Expected to Witness the Fastest Growth Among All Major Equipment Types
Automatic guided vehicles are fully automatic transport systems that make use of unmanned vehicles. AGVs safely transport all kinds of products without human intervention within production, logistic, warehouse, and distribution environments- the precise way to reduce costs and increase efficiency and profitability. There have been several technological developments in AGVs, resulting in various sub-products in them, such as pallet trucks, unit load vehicles, fork trucks, hybrid vehicles, and light load AGVs. Furthermore, the IoT has ramped up logistics into high gear in China, which has encouraged sales of various retail and e-Commerce companies. Billions of connected objects have the potential to support direct customer interaction and automate sales and ordering processes. Hence, logistics companies are investing in automated warehouses, with higher demand for AGVs. For instance, in July 2017, Cainiao, logistics subsidiary of Alibaba Group, opened the smartest warehouse with China's largest population of robots. Here, AGVs came equipped with Wi-Fi and self-charging batteries.
Key Developments in the Market
- October 2017 - Siasun Robot and Automation Co. Ltd. launched a new service robot designed especially to serve the elderly. Less than one meter tall, the robot can roam around a house and send images of its elderly users for remote monitoring. It is voice controlled and can automatically avoid barriers and recharge itself.
- October 2017 - Noblelift launched its N-series electric forklifts and easy mover, which are expected to ease the operations performed in warehousing and supply chains.
Major Players - Guangzhou Sinorobot Technology Co. Ltd., Siasun Robot & Automation Co. Ltd., Machinery Technology Development Co. Ltd., Noblelift Intelligent Equipment Co. Ltd., Shanghai Triowin Automation Machinery Co. Ltd., Shenzhen Casun Intelligent Robot Co. Ltd., Shenzhen Okavg Co. Ltd., And Zhejiang Guozi Robot Technology Co. Ltd., among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Resilient backing from the government policies acts as a driver to the automated material handling market scenario.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The end user vertical that is expected to dominate the market is analyzed in detail.
- The equipment type which is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period is analyzed and estimated for growth.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook