Capnography Devices Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)
The major factors for the growth of the capnography devices market include the rising number of surgeries across the globe, an increase in the prevalence of respiratory diseases, and technological advancements in capnography devices.
The respiratory diseases, such as respiratory infections, asthma, lung cancer, and COPDs are increasing at an alarming rate in both the developed and developing countries, which is driving the growth of the market. Chronic respiratory diseases are found affecting the airways and other parts of the lungs for a longer duration of the period. Respiratory symptoms are among the major causes of consultation with doctors and physicians in primary health care centers. Chronic respiratory diseases affect more than 1 billion people, globally, as per the Global Asthma report, 2018. Smoking is one of the primary causes of the increase in respiratory diseases across the globe. COPD, with tobacco smoking as its root cause, has affected a significant part of the world population, as per the WHO.
Thus, the increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases has augmented the demand for the early diagnosis, which is expected to drive the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Side Stream is the Segment by Technology expected to hold Largest Market Share over the Forecast Period
The side stream technology is expected to hold the largest market share over the forecast period owing to the wide usage in anesthesia monitoring.
Furthermore, another major factor driving the growth of the market include an increase in surgical procedures across the globe. The side stream capnography devices are easy to connect and they can be used in collaboration with simultaneous oxygen administration via a nasal prong. The number of surgeries in specialized hospitals is estimated to grow.
According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, in 2017-2018, one out four hospitalisations involved surgery in Australia. The rise in surgical procedures is expected to increase the demand for capnography devices leading to the high growth of the market.
North America is Expected to Hold Largest Market Share over the Forecast Period
- The United States is expected to be the largest capnography devices market owing to the rising technological advancements and an increase in the prevalence of respiratory diseases. Also, there is a rise in per capita health expenditure in the country which is expected to increase over the forecast period owing to the decrease in the unemployment rate.
- The major risk factor for most of the respiratory diseases is smoking. In 2018, more than 14 of every 100 US adults aged 18 years or older smoked cigarettes as per the estimates of the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The cases of COPD is likely to increase in the US owing to the higher smoking prevalence and aging populations in the country.
- In addition, market players are focusing on the launch of new technologically advanced products. For instance, recently on April 2018, Masimo announced the CE marking of the Rad-97 Pulse CO-Oximeter with integrated NomoLine capnography.
- Thus, owing to the increase in the prevalence of respiratory diseases and rising technological advancement the market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period.
The market studied is a consolidated market owing to the presence of few major market players. Some of the market players are Becton, Dickinson and Company, DiMedica, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Masimo Corporation, Medtronic Plc, Nihon Kohden Corporation, Nonin Medical, Smiths Medical, and Welch Allyn
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rising Number of Surgeries across the Globe
- 4.2.2 Increase in the Prevalence of Respiratory Diseases
- 4.2.3 Technological Advancements in Capnography Devices
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Shortage of Skilled Professionals
- 4.3.2 High Cost of the Devices
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product
- 5.1.1 Hand-held
- 5.1.2 Stand-alone
- 5.1.3 Multi-parameter
- 5.2 By Technology
- 5.2.1 Side Stream
- 5.2.2 Main Stream
- 5.2.3 Micro Stream
- 5.3 By Application
- 5.3.1 Critical Care
- 5.3.2 Sleep studies
- 5.3.3 Pain Management
- 5.3.4 Procedural Sedation
- 5.3.5 Others
- 5.4 By End User
- 5.4.1 Hospitals
- 5.4.2 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- 5.4.3 Others
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.5.2 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Spain
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.5.3 Asia Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Australia
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.4 Middle East and Africa
- 220.127.116.11 GCC
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
- 5.5.5 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Becton, Dickinson and Company
- 6.1.2 DiMedica
- 6.1.3 Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.1.4 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- 6.1.5 Masimo Corporation
- 6.1.6 Medtronic Plc
- 6.1.7 Nihon Kohden Corporation
- 6.1.8 Nonin Medical
- 6.1.9 Smiths Medical
- 6.1.10 Welch Allyn
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS