Renewable Energy in France - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Renewable Energy in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into four segments, these being hydroelectricity, wind energy, solar, biomass and geothermal. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual non-household power price, or equivalent, excluding taxes and levies. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e. without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- The French renewable energy market had total revenues of $10.9bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% between 2016 and 2020.
- Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 5.6% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 119,216.0 GWh in 2020.
- Hydroelectricity had the highest volume in the French renewable energy market in 2020, with a total of 57,601.9 GWh, equivalent to 48.3% of the market's overall volume.
Reasons to Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the renewable energy market in France
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the renewable energy market in France
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the France renewable energy market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the France renewable energy market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the France renewable energy market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the France renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up France's renewable energy market?
List of TablesTable 1: France renewable energy market value: $ billion, 2016-20Table 2: France renewable energy market volume: GWh, 2016-20Table 3: France renewable energy market category segmentation: GWh, 2020Table 4: France renewable energy market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2020Table 5: France renewable energy market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Table 6: France renewable energy market volume forecast: GWh, 2020-25Table 7: Direct Energie SA: key factsTable 8: Direct Energie SA: Key EmployeesTable 9: Electricite de France SA: key factsTable 10: Electricite de France SA: Annual Financial RatiosTable 11: Electricite de France SA: Key EmployeesTable 12: Electricite de France SA: Key Employees ContinuedTable 13: Engie SA: key factsTable 14: Engie SA: Annual Financial RatiosTable 15: Engie SA: Key EmployeesTable 16: Engie SA: Key Employees ContinuedTable 17: France size of population (million), 2016-20Table 18: France gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 19: France gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2016-20Table 20: France inflation, 2016-20Table 21: France consumer price index (absolute), 2016-20Table 22: France exchange rate, 2016-20List of FiguresFigure 1: France renewable energy market value: $ billion, 2016-20Figure 2: France renewable energy market volume: GWh, 2016-20Figure 3: France renewable energy market category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2020Figure 4: France renewable energy market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2020Figure 5: France renewable energy market value forecast: $ billion, 2020-25Figure 6: France renewable energy market volume forecast: GWh, 2020-25Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the renewable energy market in France, 2020Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the renewable energy market in France, 2020Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the renewable energy market in France, 2020Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the renewable energy market in France, 2020Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the renewable energy market in France, 2020Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the renewable energy market in France, 2020
- 1 Executive Summary
- 1.1. Market value
- 1.2. Market value forecast
- 1.3. Market volume
- 1.4. Market volume forecast
- 1.5. Category segmentation
- 1.6. Geography segmentation
- 1.7. Market rivalry
- 1.8. Competitive Landscape
- 2 Market Overview
- 2.1. Market definition
- 2.2. Market analysis
- 3 Market Data
- 3.1. Market value
- 3.2. Market volume
- 4 Market Segmentation
- 4.1. Category segmentation
- 4.2. Geography segmentation
- 5 Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market value forecast
- 5.2. Market volume forecast
- 6 Five Forces Analysis
- 6.1. Summary
- 6.2. Buyer power
- 6.3. Supplier power
- 6.4. New entrants
- 6.5. Threat of substitutes
- 6.6. Degree of rivalry
- 7 Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Who are the leading players?
- 7.2. What strengths and weaknesses to leading players have?
- 7.3. What have been the most significant mergers/acquisitions over the last year?
- 7.4. Which companies are responsible for the most significant renewable projects under development?
- 8 Company Profiles
- 8.1. Direct Energie SA
- 8.2. Electricite de France SA
- 8.3. Engie SA
- 9 Macroeconomic Indicators
- 9.1. Country data
- 10 Appendix
- 10.1. Methodology
- 10.2. Industry associations
- 10.3. Related MarketLine research
- 10.4. About MarketLine