Montevideo - Comprehensive Overview of the City, PEST Analysis and Analysis of Key Industries including Technology, Tourism and Hospitality, Construction and Retail
“City Profile - Montevideo” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Montevideo.
Montevideo metropolitan area in Uruguay recorded 2.03 million inhabitants in 2021. Department of Montevideo in the area is the capital of Uruguay. The area's economy experienced steady growth over past few years, led by increased exports of goods and services and information and communication technology (ICT). In 2021, the area accounted for a major 57.4% of the total country’s GDP
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
Reasons to Buy
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Tourism plays an import role in the Uruguayan economy. However, economic activity in the area’s tourism sector slowed down in H1 2020 due to cross-border restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The area opened to receive tourists from around the world in November 2021. The COVID-19 pandemic brought activities to a standstill in the area’s construction sector. However, the sector is projected to witness robust growth in the future led by important projects.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
- City Snapshot
- PEST Analysis
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Internal Transport Networks
- Business Environment Analysis
- Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Flows
- Construction and Real Estate
- Real Estate Market
- Retail Market
- Consumption, Income and Prices
- Further Reading
- Ask the Analyst
- About MarketLine
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Montevideo metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2021
- Table 2: Montevideo metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Table 3: Montevideo metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Table 4: Montevideo metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 ($)
- Table 5: Montevideo metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 6: Montevideo metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
- Table 7: Montevideo metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Table 8: Montevideo metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, 2020
- Table 9: Montevideo metropolitan area - Aeropuerto Internacional de Carrasco, key airport indicators, 2018-21*
- Table 10: Department of Montevideo - tourist arrivals, 2016-20* (number)
- Table 11: Department of Montevideo - total tourist expenditures, 2016-20*
- Table 12: Department of Montevideo - MICE and other events
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Montevideo metropolitan area - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
- Figure 2: Montevideo metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
- Figure 3: Montevideo metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 4: Montevideo metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
- Figure 5: Montevideo metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
- Figure 6: Montevideo metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)